W dziale plików do pobrania znajdziesz darmowe aktualizacje do swoich produktów z rodziny FRITZ!. Wybierz swój produkt i dzięki aktualizacjom korzystaj z nowych funkcji oraz rozszerzeń oferowanym przez inżynierów oprogramowania AVM. Treści te są dostępne w języku angielskim.
Info on FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
The update file "FRITZ.Box_6820v1_LTE-de-en-es-it-fr-pl-xx.xx.image" on ftp.avm.de contains the latest FRITZ!OS (Firmware) for the FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE.
Attention: This update file is intended for use only with FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE! Please follow the instructions at the end of this file to install the update.
Product: FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
Version: FRITZ!OS 7.13
Language: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish
Release date: 20/01/2020
- Over 25 new features and improvements: more performance and convenience in the wireless network and Mesh
- Seamlessly connected in the Mesh: Mesh WiFi steering
- Well informed: Important information arrives simply and directly at the email address of your MyFRITZ! account
- New in the internet: improved LTE and expanded VPN functions
- Practical to operate: quick overview of updates for FRITZ! products
Note: Instructions for configuring and using Mesh functions are presented at en.avm.de/mesh-faq
Below you find a complete list and descriptions of the new functions in the latest FRITZ!OS, along with a list of further improvements in this version.
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 07.13
- Fixed No connection to the mobile network possible if a SIM card is used that the provider only has enabled for the UMTS network and if automatic network selection is activated (including LTE)
- Fixed SMS reception service not working for alphanumeric sender IDs and when using certain codes
- Fixed Mail address for SMS push service cannot be changed
- Fixed Add Image for captive portal in Wireless guest access not possible
- Fixed Option to deactivate the LEDs without function
New Features in FRITZ!OS 7.12
- NEW Push Service for received SMS
- NEW Mesh WiFi steering can automatically direct devices (smartphones or computers, for instance) to the best Mesh WiFi Repeater (access point steering)
- NEW Graphic display of home network connections when editing the connection of a network device
- NEW FRITZ!Box sends information on certain events to the email address of your MyFRITZ! account
- NEW Display of the available updates for the FRITZ! products connected in the home network on the Overview page
With each FRITZ!OS update, AVM also updates its security functions. Therefore we recommend performing the update for all devices.
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 07.12
- Improved various optimizations for establishing a connection and for improved stability of the mobile connection
- Improved APN updated in provider profile Vodafone Italia
- Fixed DNSv6 servers were not persisted
- Improved Now domain names can be specified for VPN connections that are resolved via the tunnel
- Improved For VPN connections, the remote network is displayed in the network even after the connection has been cleared
- Improved Now any names can be specified for VPN connections
- Improved A VPN connection can now transfer the entire network traffic (VPN full tunneling, default route via VPN tunnel)
- Improved Better VPN connection negotiation
- Improved VPN LAN-LAN linkup of a FRITZ!Box on a DS Lite connection possible to IPv4 remote sites
- Improved Various changes for importing a VPN settings file
- Improved More devices possible in the guest access (and wireless hot spot): assigned IP addresses now reserved for only 6 hours (DHCP lease time, configurable)
- Improved FRITZ!Box no longer repeats an attempt to register with MyFRITZ! if the confirmation link sent by email was not clicked
- Change For activation of internet access to the FRITZ!Box via HTTPS, TCP number selected randomly
- Fixed "Standard" and "Guest" access profiles, configurable under Filters, contained a budget setting that was not supported
- Fixed Settings from the window for VPN settings could not be copied
- Fixed Under port sharing it was not possible to enter the IPv6 interface ID 0:0:0:0:*
- Fixed Releasing a port on a dual-stack connection (IPv4 and IPv6) for sharing with a device configured only for IPv4 sometimes failed . Fixed In rare cases a device in the wireless guest access via a repeater was not assigned an IP address
- Fixed Misleading message úpon disabling internet access to the FRITZ!Box via HTTPS
- Fixed Port sharing for destination IP addresses in the form 192.168.*.127 was not possible
- Fixed Port sharing for IPv6 could not be enabled for internet connections with a prefix length /64
- Fixed VPN LAN-LAN linkup to fixed IP addresses did not work (IKE error 0x2005)
- Fixed Additional characters transmitted during download of the FRITZ!Box certificate under FRITZ!Box services
- Fixed Registration with MyFRITZ! could be instable when upper-case letters were used in the email address of the MyFRITZ! account
- Fixed Guest network block was not applied in individual access profiles configured in parental controls
- Improved The wireless radio network table of known wireless devices was reworked
- Change The radio channel settings option for automatic steering of wireless devices now also offers Mesh WiFi steering
- Fixed "Wireless LAN coexistence" option now works reliably again (2.4 GHz)
- Fixed Line breaks on the captive portal for the wireless guest access were not saved
- Fixed Wireless LAN settings (channel, wireless standard, etc.) no longer selectable when disabled
- Improved Display of important notifications for secure, reliable operation on all FRITZ!OS products in the Mesh (with red "Info"' LED and on start page)
- Improved Information on Mesh proved in the FRITZ!Box push service mail
- Improved Notice on Mesh Overview about FRITZ!Repeaters or FRITZ!Powerline devices that can still be integrated into the Mesh
- Improved Home network access of the FRITZ!Repeater 3000 optimized for performance in wireless bridge mode
- Improved The name assigned to a Mesh Repeater in the Mesh or Network Overview is applied as its "Repeater name". The user interface of the Mesh Repeater can then be accessed with http://assigned_name
- Change Mesh designation of the Powerline devices without wireless function that participate in the Mesh
- Change Device names of FRITZ!OS devices in the Mesh are adopted from the Mesh Master as push service sender names
- Fixed Distribution of wireless LAN settings in the Mesh erroneous in rare situations
- Improved Change to radio network name now optional when setting the FRITZ!Box name
- Fixed Failure to set up a home network connection for certain interfaces in the MyFRITZ!App
- Fixed Problem with DNS resolution of local home network devices when using DHCP without host name
- Improved Browser compatibility optimized for saving table renderings locally
- Improved User interface permanently saves the desired sorting of a table by column
- Change Push service sends important messages from the FRITZ!Box only to the recipient of the FRITZ!Box Info mail
- Change Updated the TR-064 programming interface. See http://www.avm.de/schnittstellen
- Fixed Update with FRITZ!OS file could fail with an IPv6 connection to the FRITZ!Box
- Change Support of outdated TLS 1.0 standard to secure FRITZ!OS services in the server role switched off
- Change Length of DH parameter extended to 2048 bit for FRITZ!OS services in the server role
New Features in FRITZ!OS 7.00
- New Register for regular status updates for your FRITZ!Box (MyFRITZ! report)
- New MyFRITZ! internet access to the FRITZ!Box without a warning from the browser (SSL certificate from Let's Encrypt)
- New User interface with new "Home Network / Mesh" menu for all settings concerning Mesh
- New In the factory settings, a second FRITZ!Box connected via Ethernet becomes a Mesh Repeater at the push of a button (WPS)
- New Mesh events added to the event messages
- New The settings for push services, auto updates and AVM services are applied to the entire Mesh WiFi
More information on the new features for Mesh is presented at "New features for Mesh" More information on configuration and using Mesh is presented at en.avm.de/mesh-faq
- New With a "FRITZ! Hotspot" it's easier than ever to give guests WiFi access in public places such as bars, restaurants, medical practices etc. For details, see "Wireless / Guest Access".
- New With Smart Home templates you can create different Smart Home device switching schedules for various occasions (like holidays, working shifts, or vacations), and switch between them at the click of a button
With each FRITZ!OS update, AVM also updates its security functions. Therefore we recommend performing the update for all devices.
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 7.01
- Improved Display of internet connections on the "Overview" page also includes WAN connections
- Improved Simplified display for internet connections on the "Overview" page under "Connections"
- Improved Function for removing the FRITZ!Box from the MyFRITZ! account (myfritz.net)
- Improved Optimizations for data throughput
- Improved Optimizations for DNS resolution
- Improved Optimized registration of MyFRITZ! account (myfritz.net) also possible without enabling MyFRITZ! internet access, under "Internet / MyFRITZ! Account"
- Improved SHA 2 support for VPN connections
- Improved Filter for port 25 (unsecured mail sending) also effective for the Guest Access (Wireless LAN/LAN)
- Change Parental controls no longer differentiate between Windows users
- Change Devices blocked for internet use in the parental controls can be reached via VPN
- Change Certificate signed by letsencrypt.org (for MyFRITZ! addresses)
- Resolved "Default user already exists" message when configuring parental controls
- Resolved Possible circumvention of time limits defined in parental controls
- Resolved Circumvention of parental controls for certain blocked websites
- Resolved The LAN ports for VPN were switched for LAN-LAN linkup
- Resolved Improved VPN interoperability
- Resolved VPN user connections not displayed in the home network overview
- Resolved MyFRITZ! FTP links corrected
- Resolved MyFRITZ! access or device with MyFRITZ! access could not be deleted under certain circumstances
- Resolved Error while entering an already assigned IP address for a new device for port sharing
- Resolved No IPv4 port sharing for devices with IPv6 interface ID during IPv4 internet connection without IPv6
- Resolved IPv6 NAS sharing link could not be used
- Resolved Google DynDNS service not supported
- Resolved Possible error message (Error code 1) when IP address entered manually in the Device Details
- Change Connection Statistics area for the powerline network moved from the Network Device Details to the "Contents / FRITZ!Box Support" area
- Improved Improved changing of SSID in Wireless Assistant during first configuration
- Resolved Display of interference sources on "Wireless / Radio Channel" page in the "Use of the Wireless LAN Channels" list
- Resolved The entire network environment of the base station is displayed in "Repeater" mode
- Change The "Login without password (not recommended)" option in the FRITZ!Box user interface now requires pressing a button on the FRITZ!Box
- Change Display of port for "Diagnostics & Maintenance"
- New Additional confirmation for certain changes can now be performed using the Google Authenticator
- Improved Redesigned "Auto Update" page
- Improved Event protocol on the Mesh Master also contains all events on the other FRITZ! devices in the Mesh WiFi
- Improved Push service sends mail after the update with additional information on the version and update progress
- Improved "Change Notice" push service on new devices in the home network now also includes information on new Mesh Repeaters
- Improved "New FRITZ!OS" push service now also includes planned time for auto updates
- Improved Optimized time synchronization (NTP) after internet dial-in
- Improved Consent to "Diagnostics and Maintenance" does not include permission for software updates
- Improved Simplified display for configuration of wireless LAN, LAN and WAN in the "Interfaces" area of the "Overview" page
- Improved Redesigned push services overview
- Change For security reasons, the preconfigured user "ftpuser" can no longer be granted access from the internet
- Change For FRITZ!Box users who are granted access from the internet, the password must be different from the user name
- Change The security of new password assignments must be rated at least "medium" or they will be rejected
- Change Additional confirmation for creating VPN connections
New features for Mesh
General information on Mesh is presented at en.avm.de/mesh-networking.
Enabling the Mesh Function
To check whether a FRITZ! product is enabled for Mesh, see the Mesh Overview of the FRITZ!Box (the Mesh Master) under "Home Network / Mesh". Here the products in the Mesh are designated with a corresponding "Mesh active" symbol.
A FRITZ!WLAN Repeater or FRITZ!Powerline Adapter with FRITZ!OS 6.90 or higher installed can be enabled for Mesh in various ways:
- If the product has the factory settings configured and is being connected with the FRITZ!Box for the first time, it will be automatically enabled for Mesh.
- If the product is already connected, but not enabled for Mesh, it is added to the Mesh by pressing a button on the product to be integrated and a button on the FRITZ!Box. On the FRITZ!Box, use the button that initiates WPS (depending on the model, press the "Connect" or "WPS" button briefly, or the "WLAN/WPS" button for 6 seconds)
Detailed instructions, additional information and the answers to frequently asked questions about Mesh are presented at en.avm.de/mesh-faq.
Configuring a second FRITZ!Box as a Mesh Repeater with the press of a button
- Your existing FRITZ!Box supports Mesh (FRITZ!OS 6.90 or higher). This box is the Mesh Master.
- The FRITZ!Box to be deployed as a Mesh Repeater has been updated to FRITZ!OS 7.0 and you have restored its factory settings. This box is to become the Mesh Repeater.
- Connect the LAN 1 port of the Mesh Repeater with the Master using a LAN cable
- Initiate the Connect function on both boxes (7590: press the "Connect" button briefly; 7490: press and hold down the "WLAN/WPS" button for 6 seconds)
After the connection procedure is concluded, the second FRITZ!Box is ready for operation as a Mesh Repeater. (It is operating in "IP client" mode and, as a Mesh Repeater, adopts the wireless LAN settings and other important settings from the FRITZ!Box).
Please note that this function can be used only if the second FRITZ!Box is permanently connected with the first box by LAN cable.
If you've received the second FRITZ!Box from your internet provider this feature may not work in some cases. Please configurate this FRITZ!Box as a mesh repeater by visit the FRITZ!Box GUI manually. Instructions for configuring a FRITZ!Box connected via wireless LAN as a Mesh Repeater are presented at en.avm.de/mesh-faq
New and improved Features in FRITZ!OS 6.83
- NEW: Option for loading the previous LTE modem software
- NEW: New software version for the LTE modem
- NEW: TR069 query parameters supported for LTE connection
- NEW: Text reception supported -- texts received output as event
- NEW: Guaranteed data rate for home network devices despite intensive use of the guest network
- NEW: Option for autonomous port sharing (UPnP/PCP) can be enabled for each device
- NEW: IP address (DHCP) can be changed directly in the device details
- NEW: FRITZ!Hotspot - the wireless guest access with additional functions for cafés, shops or practices: Captive portal with own logo, text and link to own homepage. Details at https://en.avm.de/guide/practical-wifi-features/the-fritzhotspot-for-your-guests/
- NEW: New convenience features added to myfritz.box user interface and optimized display on smartphones and tablets (responsive design)
- NEW: Certain settings and features require additional confirmation by the user where the FRITZ!Box is located
Priorities in WiFi With the FRITZ!OS 6.80 update users can be sure to surf, stream or chat without interference even if the guest network is highly used. So you can decide which transmission rates you and your guests are entitled to. If the FRITZ!Box owners are not online, the guests can enjoy higher data rates.
Even better and easier: MyFRITZ! for browser and app Following the fritz.box user interface - the window to the FRITZ!Box - with FRITZ!OS 6.83 the user interfaces of the MyFRITZ! service (myfritz.net) and FRITZ!NAS now also appear in a responsive design and adjust to any display size. Using the MyFRITZ!App 2 (for Android) users have convenient access to their FRITZ!Box - at home and from anywhere else. With a single swipe you can establish a secure connection to your home network and access your FRITZ!Box and connected devices from on the go.
On the safe side: strong passwords and settings requiring confirmation The saving of backup files and the changing of certain settings are even safer now, as a new function implements an additional confirmation that can only be verified where the FRITZ!Box is located (two-factor authentication). Attempts to log in with wrong user data are recorded as an event. Numerous other FRITZ!OS 6.83 upgrades provide the FRITZ!Box with the latest security standards. With every large update AVM always advises to install the latest version of FRITZ!OS for optimum security and best network synchronization.
Approve access from the Internet for online games, gaming consoles or IP devices Devices connected to the FRITZ!Box are safe from unauthorized access from the Internet. However, certain applications such as online games or devices like IP cameras or gaming consoles sometimes need to be accessible for others over the Internet. FRITZ!Box users can enable such connections through port sharing. Now it's also possible to allow certain devices to control port sharing automatically. With FRITZ!OS 6.83 all shared ports (IPv4, IPv6, MyFRITZ! or autonomous) can be viewed and configured at once. Users can find an overview of all shared ports with their connected home network devices in the menu at "Internet" "Permit Access". Settings for parental controls can also be used with pure IPv6 devices with the new FRITZ!OS 6.80.
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 06.83
- Improved: Consideration of changes in the Telefonica network configuration (O2/E-Plus)
- Improved: Expanded diagnostics function for LTE
- Improved: Optimized stability
- Improved: Various optimizations for modem behavior
- Improved: Timeouts in response to missing network responses optimized
- Improved: Increased robustness in case of reconnect
- Improved: Better error handling upon attach
- Improved: Display of online time in the parental controls overview
- Improved: Labeling of time axes in the Online Monitor
- Improved: Filters for websites take account of blocked domains for https calls as well
- Improved: Support for pure IPv6 devices in parental controls
- Improved: Port sharing combined with MyFRITZ! sharing and IPv6 sharing
- Improved: Complete firewall exceptions possible for downstream routers with IPv6
- Improved: Static routes can be defined for IPv6
- Improved: Faster surfing through optimized treatment of DNS queries
- Improved: IPTV stability when used simultaneously via LAN and wireless LAN Remedied: After reconnecting via LTE, the connection was sometimes not resumed correctly on the IP layer
- Bug fix: Shifted time scale in the graphic overview of permitted online time on fritz.box/surf.lua
- Improved: Display of device details completed Remedied: "Deleting" unused devices in the home network list also removes VPN connections
- Improved: Shows the last time when auto-channel was refreshed
- Improved: Deletion of all inactive wireless devices without individual settings from the list of known wireless devices
- Improved: Scheduled switching settings optimized for smartphone and tablet
- Improved: Better stability
- Improved: Diagnostics of "Function" and "Security" includes MyFRITZ!
- Improved: Optimized registration of MyFRITZ! account
- Improved: Attempts to log in with wrong user data recorded in Event Log Change: Registration with FRITZ!Box user interface valid for 20 min Change: Increased security of FRITZ!Box's own certificate through signature with SHA 256
- Improved: Optimized configuration of switching schedule by graphic time table for smartphone and tablet
- Improved: FRITZ!OS update page also shows the last time the version was checked or the last time a FRITZ!OS was installed
- Improved: Event log adjusted to different display sizes
- Improved: User guidance for restoring saved settings
- Improved: Push service overview
- Improved: Reworked mail subject line for push service mails and information about sender
- Improved: Text edited in the FRITZ!Box Info mail from push service
- Improved: Push service combines mails generated within a short period
- Improved: Change notices for selected settings added to push service mails
- Improved: Push service mail for use of guest access even when wireless network login/logout display disabled
- Improved: Information on full storage medium for push service mails on function diagnostics
- Improved: Important notifications for secure and reliable operation now also via MyFRITZ!App 2 and by push service mail (Previously: only red Info LED and fritz.box overview)
- Improved: Better stability even in atypical load situations
- Bug fix: Recurrent push mails (change notices) about first registration of powerline devices or devices without a clock Change: Interface descriptions for developers expanded (www.avm.de/Schnittstellen)
We recommend every update for reasons of security as well. Further improvements to increase security with this version of FRITZ!OS are presented at http://en.avm.de/guide/security in the area "Updates increase security".
New in FRITZ!OS 6.51
- NEW: in the initial setup of the Internet connection is first attempts to establish a connection to an LTE cell
Improvements and Bug Fixes in FRITZ!OS 6.51
- Improved: new modem firmware with improved connection stability
New in FRITZ!OS 6.50
- NEW: First configuration wizard determines an entry from the list of known Internet providers that fits the SIM card.
- NEW: LTE frequency band selection expanded to include any number of subsets
- NEW: 7-day statistics added for mobile communications connection
- NEW: Mobile radio modem displayed separately in the Energy Monitor
- NEW: Real-time monitor also available for UMTS and GSM
- NEW: Provider name from the PNN field of the SIM card also considered
- NEW: List of Internet providers revised and expanded
- NEW: Individual name added to designate "Other Internet provider"
- NEW: Display of a longer Internet disruption (red "Info" LED and on "Overview" page of the user interface)
- NEW: Rates with PPP authentication now also supported via "Other provider" in the first configuration wizard
- NEW: "Change notice" push service notifies about changes to selected settings and events
- NEW: Push service sends mail with status after successful update (effective after next update)
- NEW: Display of important notifications for secure, reliable operation with red "Info" LED and on the start page
- NEW: Check for available firmware update at conclusion of first configuration
Improvements and Bug Fixes in FRITZ!OS 6.50
- Resolved: PUK/PIN entry after three incorrect attempts corrected
- Improved: New modem firmware
- Improved: Detection and handling of errors in mobile communication connection
- Resolved: Error during network search in the context of some 2G-only SIM cards
- Resolved: Information on second DNS server was not transmitted from the LTE modem to FRITZ!OS
- Resolved: Connection status sometimes unclear after an existing connection switched to UMTS
- Change: Roaming option moved from "Advanced" to "Standard" view
- Resolved: Internet connections not possible when PPP authentication required
- Resolved: No function for IPv6
- Resolved: Prioritizations could not be created
- Resolved: After reboot, LAN traffic sometimes not forwarded to the WAN via the correct route
- Improved: Increased wireless throughput
- Resolved: Incorrect settings dialogs and displays in the Wireless configuration and in the Wireless Monitor
- Resolved: Occasionally only half of the wireless throughput actually possible achieved on certain channels
- Improved: Check for consideration of any existing regulatory guidelines for wireless LAN expanded to all country guidelines. The following countries were added to the check procedure: Ireland, Montenegro, New Zealand, Namibia, Nigeria, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Slovakia, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Cyprus
- Resolved: Wireless without function when Namibia selected as country
- Resolved: Configuration error eliminated when guest AP enabled
- Improved: Various optimizations in the views of the home network overview
- Resolved: Fixed assignment of the same IPv4 address lost on restart
- Change: Update with a FRITZ!OS file is permitted only with the latest version of FRITZ!OS
- Resolved: Language selection in first configuration not applied in password dialog
- Resolved: "Poland" missing as country in country selection
- Resolved: Push mail did not contain consumption graph
- Resolved: Firmware update sometimes failed when wireless LAN enabled
We recommend every update for reasons of security as well. Further improvements to increase security with this version of FRITZ!OS are presented at http://www.en.avm.de/guide/security in the area "Updates increase security".
Initial firmware version upon product launch: 06.40
Instructions for installing an update:
Use the update function offered in the user interface to install the update. This automatically offers you the right FRITZ!OS. Click "Wizards", select "Update" and then follow the instructions on the screen.
© AVM GmbH 2004?2020. All rights reserved.
This AVM firmware package contains files that are propagated under different licenses, in particular under a license held by AVM or under an open-source license (namely the GNU General Public License, GNU Lesser General Public License or FreeBSD License). For details on the various licenses, see the "license.txt" file (https://download.avm.de/fritzbox/license.txt). The source code of the files propagated as open source files can be obtained upon a written request to email@example.com.
AVM grants the non-exclusive right to use this AVM firmware package, which is supplied exclusively in object code format. Licensee shall be entitled to make a copy exclusively reserved for personal backup purposes (backup copy). AVM reserves all intellectual property rights except as expressly granted herein. Without previous approval in writing, and except for in cases permitted by law, it is particularly forbidden for this AVM firmware packet to be
- copied, propagated, or in any other manner made publicly accessible, or
- processed, disassembled, reverse engineered, translated, decompiled or in any other manner "opened" and subsequently copied, propagated or made publicly accessible in any other manner.