W dziale plików do pobrania znajdziesz darmowe aktualizacje do swoich produktów z rodziny FRITZ!. Wybierz swój produkt i dzięki aktualizacjom korzystaj z nowych funkcji oraz rozszerzeń oferowanym przez inżynierów oprogramowania AVM. Treści te są dostępne w języku angielskim.
Info on FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
The update file "FRITZ.Box_6840_LTE.105.xx.xx.image" on ftp.avm.de contains the latest FRITZ!OS (Firmware) for the FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE.
Attention: This update file is intended for use only with FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE! Please follow the instructions at the end of this file to install the update.
Product: FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE Version: FRITZ!OS 6.85 Language: English, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish Release date: 24/01/2019
New functions :
- Necessary update to ensure compatibility with mobile networks supporting the QAM64 property in the upload
- FRITZ!Hotspot: the wireless guest access with additional functions for cafés, shops and practices (captive portal)
- Reservation of data rates
- Extended Smart Home functions and more for MyFRITZ!
- FRITZ!Fon: new start screens und a night service
- Extra security and network adjustments
- Necessary adjustments to changes in the Telefonica network configuration (O2/E-Plus)
Below you find a complete list and descriptions of the new functions in the latest FRITZ!OS, along with a list of further improvements in this version.
New and improved Features in FRITZ!OS 6.84
- NEW: TR069 query parameters supported for LTE connection
- NEW: Display of Internet use by guests in the Online Monitor
- NEW: Guaranteed data rate for home network devices despite intensive use of the guest network
- NEW: Option for autonomous port sharing (UPnP/PCP) can be enabled for each device
- NEW: Option to limit the number of outgoing calls to foreign numbers, enabled automatically
- NEW: Call diversion applicable to all contacts in a telephone book
- NEW: Support added for operating CAT-iq 2.0-compliant handsets
- NEW: New start screens - including "Smart Home" for an overview and for fast switching of connected Smart Home devices (like FRITZ!DECT 200*)
- NEW: Night service for FRITZ!Fon*
- NEW: IP address (DHCP) can be changed directly in the device details
- NEW: Display of temperature curve over the last 24h for devices with temperature sensor
- NEW: Group switching for radiator controls
- NEW: Switching of the FRITZ!DECT 200/210* smart plug by sounds, like clapping or knocking
- NEW: FRITZ!Hotspot - the wireless guest access with additional functions for cafés, shops or practices: Captive portal with own logo, text and link to own homepage. Details at https://en.avm.de/guide/practical-wifi-features/the-fritzhotspot-for-your-guests/
- NEW: New convenience features added to myfritz.box user interface and optimized display on smartphones and tablets (responsive design)
- NEW: Password for registering an IP telephone with the FRITZ!Box must have at least eight characters. IP telephones with a shorter password will be disabled with this update.
- NEW: Certain settings and features require additional confirmation by the user where the FRITZ!Box is located
- NEW: FRITZNAS user interface optimized for tablets and smartphones (responsive design)
Priorities in WiFi With the FRITZ!OS 6.80 update users can be sure to surf, stream or chat without interference even if the guest network is highly used. So you can decide which transmission rates you and your guests are entitled to. If the FRITZ!Box owners are not online, the guests can enjoy higher data rates. The new online monitor is also very handy, since it now displays the data rates of the guest access on top of the usual downstream rates for Internet and IPTV.
FRITZ!Fon: additional start screens and night service FRITZ!Fon, the DECT telephone for FRITZ!Box, received new selectable start screens. Users now have their Smart Home products in direct view and can switch even easier. The analog clock displayed in white or black is also new. The new night service is dimming the display when the brightness in the room falls below the settings. The possibility to configure a call diversion with the FRITZ!Box can now also be used with any contact in the requested telephone book. Plus, the number of outgoing calls can be limited with FRITZ!OS 6.80.
Smart Home switch on sound The smart plugs FRITZ!DECT 200 and DECT 210 can already be switched automatically at sunrise/sunset or according to an individual schedule via app or phone. Now another option was added: with FRITZ!OS 6.80 an acoustic sensor is activated locally in the smart plug. Lamps or other connected devices will then react to sounds like clapping or knocking. Another innovation is the display of the temperature measured over the last 24 hours in the FRITZ!Box user interface. Starting with FRITZ!OS 6.80, group switching can also be used for the new radiator control FRITZ!DECT 300.
Even better and easier: MyFRITZ! for browser and app Following the fritz.box user interface - the window to the FRITZ!Box - with FRITZ!OS 6.83 the user interfaces of the MyFRITZ! service (myfritz.net) and FRITZ!NAS now also appear in a responsive design and adjust to any display size. Using the MyFRITZ!App 2 (for Android) users have convenient access to saved data, their call list or voice messages wherever the are. Users will receive real time notifications via the app about missed calls or new voice messages. With a single swipe you can establish a secure connection to your home network and access your FRITZ!Box and connected devices from on the go. Even Smart Home devices can be operated and switched directly via app or widget.
On the safe side: strong passwords and settings requiring confirmation The configuration of new IP phones and call diversions as well as the saving of backup files is even safer now as a new function implements an additional confirmation that can only be verified where the FRITZ!Box is located (two-factor authentication). Attempts to log in with wrong user data are recorded as an event. On top of this, FRITZ!OS 6.83 makes sure that users assign a password with at least 8 digits when configuring an IP telephone or an IP intercom system via the FRITZ!Box. Numerous other FRITZ!OS 6.83 upgrades provide the FRITZ!Box with the latest security standards. With every large update AVM always advises to install the latest version of FRITZ!OS for optimum security and best network synchronization.
FRITZ! convenience with DECT telephones from other manufacturers With FRITZ!OS 6.83 DECT telephones that support the CAT-iq 2.0 standard offer many convenience features that come with FRITZ! telephony. For example, cordless telephones from other manufacturers can use one or more telephone books in the FRITZ!Box and users can get a quick overview with the call list.
Approve access from the Internet for online games, gaming consoles or IP devices Devices connected to the FRITZ!Box are safe from unauthorized access from the Internet. However, certain applications such as online games or devices like IP cameras or gaming consoles sometimes need to be accessible for others over the Internet. FRITZ!Box users can enable such connections through port sharing. Now it's also possible to allow certain devices to control port sharing automatically. With FRITZ!OS 6.83 all shared ports (IPv4, IPv6, MyFRITZ! or autonomous) can be viewed and configured at once. Users can find an overview of all shared ports with their connected home network devices in the menu at "Internet" "Permit Access". Settings for parental controls can also be used with pure IPv6 devices with the new FRITZ!OS.
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 06.85
- Fixed - in case of long existing LTE connection in some constellations no more Internet access despite still existing LTE connection
- Fixed - sporadical changes of external port with port forwardings
- Fixed - adding IPv4 port forwardings for devices with IPv4 and IPv6 failed on non IPv6 internet connections
- Fixed - no automatic "Wake on LAN" from internet
- Fixed - possible unwanted restriction by the child protection
- Fixed - weakness in WPA2 keymanagement when using a wifi uplink to another router
- Improved - additional confirmation when changing settings regarding DNS and factory defaults
- Improved - stability
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 06.84
- Fixed: Necessary update to ensure compatibility with mobile networks supporting the QAM64 property in the upload
Remedied: After reconnecting via LTE, the connection for 2. PDN was sometimes not resumed correctly on the IP layer
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 06.83
- Improved: Consideration of changes in the Telefonica network configuration (O2/E-Plus)
- Improved: Expanded diagnostics function for LTE
- Improved: Optimized stability
- Improved: Various optimizations for modem behavior
- Improved: Timeouts in response to missing network responses optimized
- Improved: Increased robustness in case of reconnect
- Improved: Display of online time in the parental controls overview
- Improved: Labeling of time axes in the Online Monitor
- Improved: Filters for websites take account of blocked domains for https calls as well
- Improved: Support for pure IPv6 devices in parental controls
- Improved: Port sharing combined with MyFRITZ! sharing and IPv6 sharing
- Improved: Complete firewall exceptions possible for downstream routers with IPv6
- Improved: Static routes can be defined for IPv6
- Improved: Faster surfing through optimized treatment of DNS queries
- Improved: IPTV stability when used simultaneously via LAN and wireless LAN Remedied: After reconnecting via LTE, the connection was sometimes not resumed correctly on the IP layer
- Bug fix: Shifted time scale in the graphic overview of permitted online time on fritz.box/surf.lua
Change: Configuration of an IP telephone requires that assigned user names have at least 8 characters Change: The option for IP telephones to allow registration from the Internet is disabled after the update *.
- Improved: Optimized position of group filter in the configuration wizard for Google contacts
- Improved: Better voice quality for Internet telephony through voice transmission with minimal delay
- Improved: Faster connecting for Internet telephony during simultaneous data transmission
- Improved: Better voice quality for Internet telephony even during data transmission via Deutsche Telekom connection
- Improved: Scheduled switching settings for answering machine optimized for smartphone and tablet
- Improved: Adjustments for Internet telephony with Personal-VoIP
- Improved: Settings of packet size for "other provider", "SIP DDI line" and "SIP trunking"
- Improved: Interoperability of message transmission (MWI) to connected IP telephones
- Improved: Interoperability for transmission of faxes via the Internet (T.38 protocol)
- Bug fix: Integration of a new Google telephone book now possible Remedied: Rare interruption of calls in cases of Hold/Routing Change: Adjustment to changed network conditions, as a consequence of which calls from Telekom, easybell and Alice connections to the UnityMedia/Kabel-BW network can fail
- Improved: Entries in the telephone book now can be sorted by first and last name
- Improved: The random playback of music list now works across sub-folders
- Improved: Podcasts can now be interrupted on the FRITZ!Fon (by the user or by incoming calls) and resumed at the point of interruption Remedied: Telephone book entries with multiple telephone numbers were sometimes not adopted completely
- Improved: Display of device details completed Remedied: "Deleting" unused devices in the home network list also removes VPN connections Change: LAN ports 1 through 4 switched to power mode
- Improved: Shows the last time when auto-channel was refreshed
- Improved: Deletion of all inactive wireless devices without individual settings from the list of known wireless devices
- Improved: Scheduled switching settings optimized for smartphone and tablet Remedied: Sporadic restart when a FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1750E was connected on the 5-GHz band
- Improved: Better stability
- Improved: Additional options to prevent manual switching of FRITZ!DECT 200 smart plug
- Improved: Diagnostics of "Function" and "Security" includes MyFRITZ!
- Improved: Optimized registration of MyFRITZ! account
- Improved: Attempts to log in with wrong user data recorded in Event Log
- Improved: Access via FTPS supports ECDHE ciphers Change - Registeration with FRITZ!Box user interface valid for 20 min Change - Increased security of FRITZ!Box's own certificate through signature with SHA 256
- Improved: Optimized configuration of switching schedule by graphic time table for smartphone and tablet
- Improved: FRITZ!OS update page also shows the last time the version was checked or the last time a FRITZ!OS was installed
- Improved: Display of logins via FTP or SMB in the Event Log
- Improved: Event log adjusted to different display sizes
- Improved: User guidance for restoring saved settings
- Improved: Push Service overview
- Improved: Reworked mail subject line for push service mails and information about sender
- Improved: Text edited in the FRITZ!Box Info mail from push service
- Improved: Push service combines mails generated within a short period
- Improved: Change notices for selected settings added to push service mails
- Improved: Push service mail for use of guest access even when wireless network login/logout display disabled
- Improved: Information on full storage medium for push service mails on fax reception, voice messages and function diagnostics
- Improved: Important notifications for secure and reliable operation now also on FRITZ!Fon devices, via MyFRITZ!App 2 and by push service mail (Previously: only red Info LED and fritz.box overview)
- Improved: Better stability even in atypical load situations
- Improved: Event message indicates a device interfering with IP TV (stutter during T-Entertain with Media Receiver 400)
- Bug fix: Recurrent push mails (change notices) about first registration of powerline devices or devices without a clock
- Bug fix: "Change notices" and "Forgot password" mail were not sent if the push service was configured with the answering machine or the fax function Change - Interface descriptions for developers expanded (www.avm.de/Schnittstellen)
- Improved: FTP and SMB service can be enabled/disabled independently of each other Change - FTP service in the home network disabled upon delivery
- Improved: MagentaCLOUD supported as source for the FRITZ! media server (formerly T-Mediencenter)
We recommend every update for reasons of security as well. Further improvements to increase security with this version of FRITZ!OS are presented at http://en.avm.de/guide/security in the area "Updates increase security".
- We recommend the encrypted connection of IP telephones from other locations using VPN
*Note on FRITZ!DECT 200 and FRITZ!Fon: At least version 3.80 required. FRITZ!Fon handsets must be updated.
New in FRITZ!OS 6.50
- NEW: First configuration wizard determines an entry from the list of known Internet providers that fits the SIM card.
- NEW: LTE frequency band selection expanded to include any number of subsets
- NEW: Network list indicates connections' share of entire connection time for each mobile communications cell
- NEW: LTE statistics completely reworked and expanded to include granular monitoring of the connection to the mobile network
- NEW: Alignment aid and LTE monitor expanded to show the mobile communications cell currently connected
- NEW: Mobile radio modem displayed separately in the Energy Monitor
- NEW: Provider name from the PNN field of the SIM card also considered
- NEW: Parental controls with tickets to extend online time as needed
- NEW: Display of remaining online time and restrictions to Internet use with fritz.box/surf.lua (parental controls)
- NEW: Display of a longer Internet disruption (red "Info" LED and on "Overview" page of the user interface)
- NEW: Use own local DNS server (IPv4 and IPv6)
- NEW: Automated port sharing in the home network set up via the Port Control Protocol (PCP)
- NEW: New filter for TCP port 25 to block unsecured e-mail dispatch (can be enabled under "Internet / Filters / Lists")
- NEW: Online monitor converted to dynamic scaling
- NEW: List of Internet providers revised and expanded
- NEW: Individual name added to designate "Other Internet provider"
- NEW: Display of a longer Internet disruption (red "Info" LED and on "Overview" page of the user interface)
- NEW: Rates with PPP authentication now also supported via "Other provider" in the first configuration wizard
- NEW: Displays loading of radio channel currently in use (temporal progress)
- NEW: Wireless standard in the 2.4-GHz band set to "802.11n+g" (presetting changed)
- NEW: Failed login attempts by wireless devices recorded in a separate list on the "Wireless / Radio Network" page.
- NEW: USB storage media use the drive name assigned on the computer (not active until factory settings configured)
- NEW: Support for Comet DECT radiator control from EUROtronic
- NEW: Up to 140 freely configurable switching points for automatic switching "according to schedule"
- NEW: Switch group via a master
- NEW: Sequence of devices in the smart home overview can be defined
- NEW: Usage data sent by push mail as a CSV attachment
- NEW: All three operating modes of the answering machine can be scheduled: "Record messages", "Greeting only" and "off"
- NEW: Blacklist for incoming calls: Complete telephone books can be used to block incoming calls
- NEW: "Open door", "FRITZ!Fon ring tone" and "Live image" functions supported for door intercom systems
- NEW: DTMF generation for analog extensions supported (required for door intercom systems)
- NEW: Support for IP door intercom systems
- NEW: Provider profile added for "sipgate point-to-point line"
- NEW: Three new start screens: "New calls", "Answering machine" and "FRITZ!Box" (FRITZ!Fon C5, C4 and MT-F)
- NEW: Large font setting for FRITZ!Fon C5, C4 and MT-F ("Settings / Display / Large font")
- NEW: Management of live images for FRITZ!Fon added under "DECT / Web Services"
- NEW: Remote operation of Comet DECT radiator control from EUROtronic
- NEW: Support for door intercom systems with image transmission to FRITZ!Fon C5, C4 and MT-F
- NEW: Improved audio transmission of web radio/podcast and media player (model-dependent, CELT codec)
- NEW: Support for headset buttons (Call accept/disconnect)
- NEW: Display of png and gif image formats on FRITZ!Fon handsets with color display
- NEW: Gigaset handsets: Transmission of telephone books and individual entries to and from FRITZ!Box supported
- NEW: "Home network overview" of all connected devices
- NEW: Central update function for all FRITZ! products in the home network
- NEW: Deletion of inactive devices without special settings from the overview of network connections
- NEW: Secure access to the user interface from connected FRITZ! devices via the FRITZ!Box password
- NEW: Display of VPN users in the network connections overview
- NEW: User interface in new responsive design for optimized display on smartphones and tablets
- NEW: Completely new graphic design of the user interface
- NEW: "Change notice" push service notifies about changes to selected settings and events
- NEW: Push service sends mail with status after successful update (effective after next update)
- NEW: Display of important notifications for secure, reliable operation with red "Info"' LED and on the start page
- NEW: For increased security when accessing the user interface, now a FRITZ!Box password must be assigned during the first configuration
- NEW: For increased security, a password must be assigned to backup files
- NEW: Firewall "stealth mode" setting available under "Internet / Filters/ Lists / Global Filter Settings"
- NEW: Option to prevent Internet telephony from the home network (under "Telephony / Telephone Numbers / Line Settings")
*Note on FRITZ!Fon: FRITZ!Fon handsets must be updated to at least version 01.03.68
New features for the FRITZ!Box?New design for FRITZ!OS 6.50, with better overview of the home network and over 120 innovations
The latest update offers a redesigned user interface at http://fritz.box, optimized for smartphones, tablets and notebooks. In the browser it adjusts flexibly to the different display sizes. The user interface also has a fresh new look. The menu items and their arrangement remain familiar to users.
The extensive home network overview of all connected devices is also new. These include all wireless, LAN, powerline, DECT, smart home and USB devices. At a single glance users can see whether their connected FRITZ! products are equipped with the latest version of FRITZ!OS. You can start updates directly from here.
With the new FRITZ!OS you can also use helpful analyses of your wireless LAN environment. Under "Wireless / Radio Channel" the loading of the radio channel currently in use is shown over time. The lower the loading of the radio channel, the better the potential data throughput there.
News for parental controls: Tickets can be issued for each device to extend surfing time by 45 minutes. When online time has been exhausted, tickets can be redeemed on the Information page on blocked Internet use in the browser. By going to http://fritz.box/surf.lua with any network device, you can view the device's settings for Internet use and the amount of online time already used on the current day.
If there are problems with network access or Internet telephony, the FRITZ!Box notifies the user by lighting the "Info" LED red. The start page of the user interface displays more precise information about the reason for the disruption.
You can also benefit from new options for telephony: For instance, unwanted calls can now be blocked by setting up a blacklist in the telephone book.
There are plenty of new features for DECT as well: With three new start screens ("Answering machine", "FRITZ!Box" and "New calls"), now the FRITZ!Fon can be adapted even more flexibly to your needs. This makes important information and events easier to view and access. Tip: Update the software on FRITZ!Fon and press the "MENU" key twice.
A lot has been done for the smart home features as well: Now FRITZ!Fon supports door intercom systems with video function: When the doorbell rings, you can see every visitor right on your FRITZ!Fon. Support for the Comet DECT radiator thermostat opens up all kinds of new possibilities. The device is seamlessly integrated into the user interface of the new FRITZ!OS, allowing you to control the temperature at home and save costs through energy efficient heating.
Along with heating, now an advanced group function can be used to switch one or more actuators (FRITZ!DECT 200, FRITZ!Powerline 546E) on or off by temperature. Use a FRITZ!DECT 200 or FRITZ!DECT Repeater 100 as the temperature sensor. More innovations in the smart home area include options for sunrise/sunset switching, up to 140 freely selectable switching points for the "according to schedule" option, and the dispatch of consumption data as an attachment to a push mail from FRITZ!DECT 200 and FRITZ!Powerline 546E.
Since AVM also optimizes the security of the entire FRITZ! family with every new FRITZ!OS, it is advisable for every user to perform the update. This way All-IP connections can be better protected from unauthorized Internet calls from the home network ("Telephony / Telephone Numbers / Line Settings"). The firewall can be operated in stealth mode to prevent ping queries. TLS security has been improved and port 25 received a new filter to block the unsecured e-mail dispatch.
Improvements and Bug Fixes in FRITZ!OS 6.50
- Improved: Routine added to detect cross-border overlaps in frequency allocations (to avoid, e.g. unwanted connections to cells in Germany when "limited services" are set and the SIM card used is from Austria)
- Improved: Cells from neighboring countries detected during scanning are now hidden in the scan plan.
- Improved: Optimized scan plan to avoid parking on third-party cells now permanently enabled even after errors during connecting to cells belonging to contracted provider
- Improved: Use of scan plan reworked
- Improved: Processes in error handling optimized
- Improved: First initialization of mobile communications modem better timed with start of other components
- Improved: Loading of LTE modem firmware always prioritized
- Improved: Optimized handling of modem firmware loading errors
- Resolved: Detection and self-recovery integrated for rare non-responsive LTE-modem constellations (message: "modem not found")
- Resolved: Possible blockade when IP address and cell switched at the same time
- Improved: Optimized error handling routines
- Resolved: Other minor bug fixes in the LTE modem driver and in control of the LTE modem
- Resolved: No more band shares calculated to equal over 100 percent
- Resolved: Second HPLMN of SIM card never used
- Resolved: Reason for sporadic reboots eliminated
- Resolved: PUK/PIN entry after three incorrect attempts corrected
- Changed: Roaming option moved from "Advanced" to "Standard" view
- Improved: Number of VPN connections raised from 8 to 12
- Improved: Simpler configuration on Vodafone lines
- Improved: VPN interoperability to external remote stations
- Improved: Wireless LAN stability for using Entertain
- Changed: "MyFRITZ!" menu command renamed "MyFRITZ! Account"
- Resolved: Error when checking connection of user-defined Dynamic DNS provider
- Resolved: In some cases, VPN settings of FRITZ!Box user did not contain a preshared key
- Resolved: Delayed notifications in the wireless network for Android apps on IPv6 connections
- Resolved: Fix for missing data of a guest access configuration on the start page
- Resolved: After reboot, LAN traffic sometimes not forwarded to the WAN via the correct route
- Improvement: Display of wireless LAN channels occupied by adjacent networks
- Improved: Maximum possible data rate shown on the detail pages of wireless LAN devices in "Wireless / Radio Network"
- Improved: Password evaluation for entry of wireless network key
- Improved: Reworked messages on wireless LAN under "System / Events"
- Improved: Wireless guest access now encrypted with WPA2 instead of WPA/WPA2 (mixed mode)
- Resolved: In "Repeater" operating mode, changes to "Radio Channel Settings" led to permanent loss of connection to access point
- Resolved: Transmission power for enabled guest access can be controlled again
- Resolved: Wireless guest access can be enabled in the "Share existing Internet connection in the network (IP client)" mode again
- Improved: Check for and consideration of any existing regulatory guidelines for wireless LAN expanded to all country guidelines. The following countries were added to the check procedure: Ireland, Montenegro, New Zealand, Namibia, Nigeria, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Slovakia, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Cyprus
- Resolved: Wireless without function when Namibia selected as country
- Improved: Wireless LAN speed considerably improved for Internet access during high LTE throughput
- Improved: Login procedure for Apple devices
- Resolved: Error in Australian country settings
- Improved: Warning message on attempt to delete the "FRITZ!" folder
- Improved: Media server supports thumbnails for contents of Synology NAS devices
- Resolved: After releasing a directory for sharing with a user, NAS could no longer be reached by other users
- Improved: New switching options for sunrise/sunset
- Improved: Temperature master as option for group switching
- Improved: stability
- Improved: Display of longer disruption of IP-based telephony (red "Info" LED)
- Improved: When selecting a range (e.g. mobile communications network) for dialing rules and call blocks, the exact range of telephone numbers is displayed
- Improved: Names can be assigned for call blocks
- Improved: Reworked display of call time for calls and voice messages
- Improved: Diagnostics with improved texts and status displays for telephony problems
- Improved: Detection of caller name optimized for internal answering machine
- Improved: Error message when non-numeric characters entered for PIN for remote answering machine playback
- Improved: New contacts in Google can be assigned to a selected group
- Improved: New intercontinental range for call block/dialing rules to telephone numbers outside Europe
- Improved: Better voice quality for FRITZ!Fon M2, C4 (equalizer updated)
- Improved: "Internal numbers" telephone book offers editing and deletion for telephone numbers adopted from an upstream FRITZ!Box
- Improved: If answering machine is set to pick up immediately, calls are rejected immediately when answering machine is busy
- Improved: New voice memos signaled to the handset more quickly
- Improved: New event when reading in telephone books fails because of too many entries
- Improved: Changes to configurations of the answering machine modes "Record messages", "Greeting only" and "Schedule" can now be made without activating the given operating mode
- Changed: For provider "Telekom", specification for DTMF transmission switched to "telephone event"
- Changed: Status display of the telephony LED gray on the start page if at least one telephone number is not registered
- Changed: Removed keypad code for resetting telephony settings (#99**)
- Changed: Port for the STUN server at provider sipgate converted from port 10000 to standard port 3478
- Resolved: Provider prefixes also considered for call diversion and "divert via"
- Resolved: User name cannot be entered for Internet telephone numbers of personal-voip.de
- Resolved: Error in writing existing telephone book entries
- Resolved: Malfunction during call diversion to inactive answering machines eliminated
- Resolved: Inconsistencies in managing telephone numbers
- Resolved: Deletion of SIP trunk telephone numbers generated inconsistencies in some cases
- Resolved: Deletion of multiple messages on the answering machine can fail
- Resolved: Failed parallel call ended internal call distribution in some cases
- Resolved: Fax forwarding by e-mail could fail permanently when the push service was initially configured along with the fax machine
- Resolved: For a substitute connection it was possible to use an incorrect number for outgoing calls
- Resolved: When multiple IP telephones are registered, changes in certain constellations applied to a different IP telephone
- Resolved: Double signaling of internally forwarded calls when push mail enabled for all calls
- Resolved: Incoming calls sometimes interrupted voice transmission during existing telephone calls
- Resolved: Possible incorrect display of telephone number for incoming international calls
- Resolved: Connection possibly aborted when FRITZ!App Fon used for codec change during active connection
- Resolved: After deletion of received fax documents, flashing "Info" LED not always reset correctly
- Resolved: MWI disabled for VoIP provider "Telekom" and "Other providers" after editing
- Improved: Adjusted presets for certain SIP providers (including Cyprus)
- Resolved: Some SIP providers for Germany hidden from selection when other regional settings configured
- Improved: "Schedule" operation mode added to the configuration menu of the answering machine
- Improved: Pause function in the media player, for RSS feeds and podcasts ("OK" key)
- Improved: Audio parameters adjusted for better voice quality at the edge of transmission range
- Improved: Display of available FRITZ!OS updates on FRITZ!Fon "Events" start screen
- Improved: Display does not turn off when "Live image" active
- Improved: Live images can be cycled through by switch
- Improved: Alarm rings even when Do Not Disturb enabled (locally)
- Improved: Clearer display of smart home devices
- Improved: "Advanced Security" for DECT connections (early encryption und rekeying)
- Improved: Better compatibility of selected, newer Panasonic DECT devices with the FRITZ!Box
- Improved: For newer Gigaset models: support for "mute/unmute" during a call
- Improved: Gigaset: support of Gigaset's own telephone book options for various models
- Resolved: New telephone book entries with more than one telephone number created on FRITZ!Fon not managed correctly
- Improved: Optimized behavior after loss of base station by Gigaset handsets
- Improved: If HD telephony disabled by user, web radio sometimes failed with "No audio available"
- Improved: Display of type and path of a device's connection to the FRITZ!Box now included in the details of the "Network Overview" page
- Improved: "Network Overview" page with optimized listing of powerline devices with their own user interface
- Improved: Reworked local IPv6 settings
- Improved: All AVM FRITZ!Powerline products in the powerline network can now be updated from the FRITZ!Box user interface
- Resolved: Fixed assignment of the same IPv4 address lost on restart
- Improved: Check for available firmware update at conclusion of first configuration
- Improved: Reworked content and display of push service mails
- Improved: Link to the FRITZ!Box user interface in the footer of the push service mail can now be accessed externally as well (requires MyFRITZ! or Dynamic DNS)
- Improved: Option to deactivate push service entirely
- Improved: Settings backup now also includes parental controls, wireless guest access and basic smart home settings
- Improved: Sorting function in tables in the user interface
- Improved: Dispatch of "FRITZ!Box Info" push mail as needed
- Improved: "FRITZ!Box Info" and "Wireless Guest Access" push mail sent before restart
- Improved: Time-saving operation via optimized navigation in the user interface
- Improved: Display of new functions via HTTPS before a FRITZ!OS update
- Improved: New event for saving settings
- Improved: Stability, eliminated possibility of continual reboots in special application scenarios
- Changed: Update with a FRITZ!OS file is permitted only with the latest version of FRITZ!OS
- Resolved: Error adopting settings for online telephone books
- Improved: System more stable during high LTE throughput
- Improved: Password evaluation during first configuration and configuration of MyFRITZ!
- Improved: Secure TLS mandatory, support for SSLv3 removed
- Improved: Function diagnosis of function takes own FRITZ!WLAN Repeaters into consideration when counting radio networks of that name in the vicinity
- Improved: "Smart Home" area added to function diagnosis
- Improved: Function diagnosis now includes detection of old wireless LAN devices (802.11b)
- Improved: Send diagnostics results for "Function" and "Security" by mail
Further improvements to increase security with this version of FRITZ!OS are presented at http://en.avm.de/guide/security in the area "Updates increase security".
New in FRITZ!OS 6.30
- NEW: Multiple telephone numbers can be added at the same time for Telekom and Vodafone
- NEW: IPv6 support according to 3GPP Release 8 and 3GPP Release 10
New FRITZ!OS 6.30 for interoperability, convenience and security
This version of FRITZ!OS includes modifications to better support the latest services offered by Internet providers.
The step to IP-based telephony is much simpler for new customers. Using the wizard for setting up new telephone numbers up to 10 telephone numbers can be created at once. This benefits not only Telekom and Vodafone customers, but also any users of "other providers" who use a single password for all of their telephone numbers.
Additional improvements to the LTE software provide for improved stability over various connections.
Improvements and Bug Fixes in FRITZ!OS 6.30
- Improvement: improved detection of dead connections
- Improvement: for mobile operator A1, connection to only PDN1 is tolerated
- Improvement: faster initialization and restart of LTE module
- Improvement: support for AMBR coding in accordance with 3GPP Release 10
- Improvement: various optimizations in LTE modem software
- Fixed: several minor bug fixes in LTE modem software
- Fixed: under some circumstances SIM was not immediately recognized after update
- Fixed: potential error when connecting to cells with 1.4 and 3 MHz bandwidth
- Fixed: SIM PIN could not be changed during active LTE connection
- Improvement: multiple telephone numbers with the same password can be added at the same time for "other providers"
- Improvement: prevents creation of new call diversions to premium telephone numbers
- Improvement: password evaluation when setting the FRITZ!Box password during first configuration
- Improvement: MyFRITZ! configuration with stricter password guidelines
Further improvements to increase security with this version of FRITZ!OS are presented at en.avm.de/guide/security in the "Updates increase security" area. Access to the FRITZ!Box via Telnet is no longer supported
New with FRITZ!OS 6.21:
- LTE Interop and stability improvements
New with FRITZ!OS 6.20:
- LTE added support for LTE roaming (disabled by default)
- LTE added support for PPP authentication (PAP)
LTE Interop improvements
- Home net: display of MIMO standard in the detailed information about powerline devices
- Home net: use of fixed IP addresses via DHCP server improved
Home net: change parental controls profile in the detailed settings for every network device
- Internet VPN connection to Android devices no longer disconnected after one hour
- Internet online counter now able to display higher bandwidths
- Internet when activating MyFRITZ! a random port for https will be selected
- Internet fixes a possibility to circumvent parental controls via guest access
- Internet added Diffie Hellmann Group 5, 14 and 15 for VPN
- Internet TR-069 connection request port is now closed once TR-069 has been deactivated
Internet BPjM filter only active when country is set to Germany
- Security enhanced security area in wireless LAN settings
- Security assistance in choosing safe passwords
- Security push mails are now sent using SSL encryption by default
Security import and export the SSL certificate used by your FRITZ!Box
- Smart Home use FRITZ!DECT Repeaters as temperature sensors
- Smart Home display the current temperature in FRITZ!Box GUI and MyFRITZ!App
- Smart Home configure push mail to inform you whenever FRITZ!DECT 200 is switched on or off
- Smart Home send a push mail when the connection to FRITZ!DECT 200 is lost
Smart Home select individual power consumption value to enable standby
- System notification for important FRITZ!OS updates
- System crashes when using the new push services fixed
- System enables password to be set for the saved settings before an update
- System new FRITZ!OS Updates can be installed automatically (default setting)*
- System several improvements for the update process
System improved scheduled switching for tablets and smartphones.
- Telephony change to oauth2 for authentication with Google contacts
- Telephony forced speed dial for phonebook entries fixed
- Telephony prefix "**8" is displayed when using Vanity Codes
- Telephony plausibility test for the entry of landline numbers fixed
- Telephony sporadic reboots when using IP telephones fixed
- Telephony improved voice quality in case of parallel data transfer (wireless LAN<->LAN)
- Telephony/DECT: for mail reception, encrypted transmission via port 995 is always tried first
- Telephony/DECT: improved functionality for Gigaset handsets
- Telephony/DECT: ability to set and delete custom ringtones for online contacts
- Telephony/DECT: display of current temperature on FRITZ!DECT handsets
- Telephony/DECT: support for more audio codecs for FRITZ!DECT handsets (FLAC & OggVorbis)
- Telephony/DECT: improved playback of web radio on FRITZ!DECT handsets
- Telephony/DECT: improved sound quality for web radio/podcast/media player
- Telephony/DECT: improved update of RSS feeds
- Telephony/DECT: FRITZ!Fon C4 - improved automatic brightness adjustment**
- Telephony/DECT: support for the new call list with voice messages**
Telephony/DECT: permanent signaling of e-mail on the handset fixed
USB improved stability when disconnecting USB devices
- WLAN Wireless LAN auto channel can be updated over the user interface
- WLAN initial setup extended for wireless LAN information and setup
- WLAN list of access points in the wireless environment sorted by signal strength
- WLAN WPS for the wireless LAN guest access / private hotspot can be started via FRITZ!Box user interface
- WLAN detailed information about connected wireless devices (Rx/Tx data rate, RSSI value, wireless standard etc.)
- WLAN faster activation of changed wireless LAN settings
- WLAN improved display of the wireless guest access on the main page of the user interface
- WLAN improved printer view
- WLAN direct link to the wireless guest access on the main page
- WLAN MAC address filter moved to WLAN/Security
WLAN connection by QR code enabled for main AP
- FRITZ!Box can periodically search for a new FRITZ!OS version and automatically update (usually at night); you can change the default setting at System/Update.
** Update of the FRITZ!Fon handset to at least version 3.29 required
Notice: When updating from a version older than 06.20 the SSL certificate of FRITZ!Box will change. If you are using an app or a program that uses the certificate, there might an error message.
Important: during the update of FRITZ!OS, services like telephony and IPTV will be disconnected temporarily.
Further changes in non-public intermediate versions:
- NEW: Improved parental control, expanded for guest access
- NEW: Parent control with shared budget for multiple devices
- NEW: Simplified setup of VPN users, Ethernet-Ethernet connections and VPN access to office networks
- NEW: Easy VPN setup for Smartphone VPN users
- NEW: Support for Locator Identifier Separation Protocol (LISP)
- NEW: Renovated MyFRITZ! access to voice messages, Smart Home and FRITZ!NAS for mobile devices
- NEW: MyFRITZ! image viewer and audio player for files on fritz.nas
- NEW: Wireless LAN guest access as "private hotspot"
- NEW: Wireless LAN guest access restricted to surfing and mail in default settings
- NEW: Wireless LAN guest access with automatically dispatch of usage log
- NEW: printable information sheet with wireless LAN registration information and QR code makes it easier for guests to connect
- NEW: supports the extension of the wireless LAN guest access via wireless repeater
- NEW: integration of intercom systems
- NEW: customized hold music (for your numbers / line settings)
- NEW: support for SIP trunking
- NEW: redialing with alternative telephone number
- NEW: support for .wav files on FRITZ!Fon media player
- NEW: sleep timer for FRITZ!Fon media player
- NEW: customized music for alarm
- NEW: music playlist for alarm
- NEW: set ring tone directly from the media player
- NEW: support for album covers on handsets with color display
- NEW: enables standby detection and automatic power off
- NEW: more customization options for time-triggered events
- NEW: combine multiple devices in a group and trigger them together
- NEW: set access rights to Smart Home for each user
- NEW: save consumption data as .csv file
- NEW: improved and expanded push service
- NEW: keylock for DECT and WLAN keys on the FRITZ!Box
- NEW: display of information for wireless LAN guest access and connected devices
New with FRITZ!OS 5.51:
- Security: removes possibility for unauthorized access to FRITZ!Box.
New with FRITZ!OS 5.50:
- NEW: search and scroll in the telephone book
- NEW: answering machine now has its own menu entry
- NEW: upload your own welcome message
- NEW: timer for the answering machine
- NEW: set the alarm display message
- NEW: IP telephones can be used over the Internet (connect your smartphone to the FRITZ!Box and use it over VoIP at home)
- NEW: simplified entry of Internet account data
- NEW: parental control overview now displayed in same design as home network
- NEW: parental control now disconnects active sessions when surfing time is up Improved performance with parental control enabled Prevents sending of local IPv4 multicast information to the Internet Fixed problem with dynamic DNS provider DNS4BIZ
- NEW: new repeater function to improve the range of a wireless network*** Warning: If you were using WDS: with this update WDS has been changed. It is no longer compatible with the older version of the repeater function.
- NEW: allows automatic transfer of night service settings to your FRITZ!WLAN Repeater
- NEW: media player for FRITZ!Fon and external players (uPNP-AV)
- NEW: support for Smart Home (FRITZ!DECT 200)
- NEW: record personal memos on the answering machine
- NEW: navigation now possible in start/event screen of the FRITZ!Fon MT-F *
- NEW: setup of alarm signal/web radio on the handset*
- NEW: setup of favorites Fixed problem with keylock deactivation on incoming call
- NEW: new Smart Home area in the Home Network menu
- NEW: control of Smart Home devices via browser
- NEW: integration of the smart plug FRITZ!DECT 200 in FRITZ!OS**
- NEW: manual and automatic switching of FRITZ!DECT 200, from the home network or over the Internet
- NEW: FRITZ!DECT 200 measures energy consumption of connected devices
- NEW: all information and consumption details for FRITZ!DECT 200 in a push mail
- NEW: display whether a network device is connected via repeater/powerline
- NEW: integrated network time server provides time and date to all network devices Improved display of device details
- NEW: MyFRITZ! user can now login to MyFRITZ! and the FRITZ!Box with the same account
- NEW: improved MyFRITZ! Start page for mobile devices, integrated Smart Home support
- NEW: support for MyFRITZ! App (Android).
- NEW: MyFRITZ! access for simple worldwide access to home network devices via subdomain name
- NEW: When creating a new myfritz.net account from the FRITZ!Box web interface, the name of the FRITZ!Box will automatically be used in MyFRITZ!
- NEW: new start page, quicker access to voice messages and comfort functions
- NEW: FRITZ!Box user with different access rights for setup, telephone and storage
- NEW: display new voice messages on the bottom right of the start page Added new mailservers for push service setup Start page now also displays status of LAN guest access and Smart Home LAN settings moved to Home Network area
Important details regarding this update:
Tip: to use the new functions of the FRITZ!Box web interface, please use a web browser with HTML5 support (for example the current versions of Chrome, Firefox or Safari)
- To be able to use all new features of the FRITZ!Fon family, please also update the firmware of the FRITZ!Fon.
**To use this function, the intelligent power plug FRITZ!DECT 200 is required
*** For more information about the new WLAN repeater function, please visit http://www.avm.de/en/news/artikel/2013/new_repeater_function.html
© AVM GmbH 2004 - 2019. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.
Das vorliegende AVM Firmware-Paket enthält Dateien, die unter verschiedenen Lizenzen verbreitet werden, insbesondere unter AVM-proprietärer Lizenz oder unter einer Open Source Lizenz (nämlich GNU General Public License, GNU Lesser General Public License oder FreeBSD License). Einzelheiten zu verschiedenen Lizenzen enthält die Datei "license.txt" (ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/license.txt). Der Source Code der als Open Source verbreiteten Dateien kann schriftlich angefordert werden über firstname.lastname@example.org.
AVM räumt das nicht ausschließliche Recht ein, dieses AVM Firmware-Paket zu nutzen, welches ausschließlich im Object Code Format überlassen wird. Der Lizenznehmer darf von der Software nur eine Vervielfältigung erstellen, die ausschließlich für Sicherungszwecke verwendet werden darf (Sicherungskopie). AVM behält sich alle Rechte vor, die nicht ausdrücklich eingeräumt werden. Ohne vorheriges schriftliches Einverständnis und außer in den gesetzlich gestatteten Fällen darf dieses AVM Firmware-Paket insbesondere weder
- vervielfältigt, verbreitet oder in sonstiger Weise öffentlich zugänglich gemacht werden, noch
- bearbeitet, disassembliert, reverse engineered, übersetzt, dekompiliert oder in sonstiger Weise ganz oder teilweise "geöffnet" und in der Folge weder vervielfältigt, verbreitet noch in sonstiger Weise öffentlich zugänglich gemacht werden.