FRITZ!Box 3272 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Configuring PPPoE Passthrough in the FRITZ!Box
PPPoE Passthrough enables network devices (for example a computer, router) connected to the FRITZ!Box to establish additional PPPoE Internet connections via the FRITZ!Box using their own account information. In this case the FRITZ!Box acts as a DSL modem for the network devices.
For example, you can then use your computer to establish an additional Internet connection over the FRITZ!Box using the home office Internet connection provided by your employer.
ATTENTION!Many Internet service providers charge you extra for establishing additional Internet connections. Your Internet service provider can provide you with information on possible charges.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The FRITZ!Box must establish its own connection to the Internet.
- The Internet connection provider must allow several PPPoE connections.
Note:Some Internet service providers only allow you to establish a single PPPoE connection.
- The FRITZ!Box's global filter settings under "Internet > Filters > Lists" apply to all PPPoE Internet connections.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Account Information" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click "Change Connection Settings" and enable the option "Connected network devices are also allowed to establish their own Internet connections (not recommended)".
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.
Now network devices connected to the FRITZ!Box can establish their own Internet connections.
If you cannot establish additional Internet connections, then the PPPoE connection is not correctly configured in the relevant network device or the Internet service provider is preventing you from establishing additional PPPoE connections.