FRITZ!Box 3272 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Creating filter lists for websites
The FRITZ!Box parental controls not only allow you to limit internet access time, you can also use filter lists to prevent certain websites from being opened (blacklist) or only allow users to open certain websites (whitelist).
Note the following information on the FRITZ!Box's filter lists and proceed as described in the subsequent measures.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Filter lists are not available if the FRITZ!Box uses the internet connection of another router. In this case, regulate internet use in the other router.
- Direct IP access to websites is always blocked for access profiles for which a filter list is enabled. In the list of "Permitted IP addresses" you can see which IP addresses the FRITZ!Box blocked and also unblock them.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 The FRITZ!Box's filter lists
The FRITZ!Box allows you to create a list of permitted websites (whitelist) and a list of blocked websites (blacklist). Each list can contain up to 500 web addresses (URLs) and be enabled for one or several access profiles.
Permitted websites (whitelist)
Devices assigned to an access profile for which the whitelist filter is enabled can only open the websites on the whitelist. All other websites are blocked. Whitelists are suitable for small children who are only allowed to access a few websites.
Some web pages load content from other web addresses. If the whitelist is enabled, these websites are only correctly displayed if the websites from which content is loaded are also on the whitelist.
If you call up www.wikipedia.org, data from www.wikimedia.org is also loaded. If only wikipedia.org is on the whitelist, then these websites are not displayed correctly.
Blocked websites (blacklist)
Devices assigned to an access profile for which the blacklist filter is enabled cannot open the websites on the blacklist. All other websites can be opened. Blacklists are suitable for children who are not allowed to access certain websites.
Some web services are available through different web addresses. To block access to these services, you must block all addresses that can be used to access it. This is especially the case with apps that often use several or different addresses.
To block the YouTube app from accessing YouTube, you must enter the addresses youtube.com, youtube-nocookie.com, youtu.be, ytimg.com, ggpht.com, googleapis.com, and googlevideo.com in the blacklist (as of March 2018). These are the addresses given by Google in their guide Restrict YouTube content on your network or managed devices.
2 Creating filter lists for websites
Enter the addresses of the websites whose access you want to block (blacklist) or allow (whitelist) in the respective filter list:
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Filters" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Lists" tab.
- Click the "Edit" link next to the list you want to edit.
- Enter the web addresses (URLs) in the field without prefixes such as http, https, or www. Press the space bar after entering each address.
poker.com xxx.com aggro.tv
- Click "OK" to save the list.
Now the filter lists are set up. The filter lists apply to all access profiles for which you enabled the option "Filter websites" and selected the respective filter list. Restart the FRITZ!Box so that the filter list also applies to devices that accessed the internet while you were configuring it.