FRITZ!Box 3272 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Starting network devices over the internet (Wake on LAN)
With the "Wake on LAN" function you can start computers, NAS systems, and other network devices in your FRITZ!Box home network over the internet. This way you can use remote maintenance software to access one of your computers at any time, without having to always keep the computer on, for example.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The device must be connected to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Box.
- The device must support the ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface) standard. Refer to the manufacturer for information on ACPI support, for example consult the manual.
- The device must be configured for sleep mode "S3", "S4" or "S5".
- The FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address from the internet service provider.
Important:The FRITZ!Box is not accessible from the internet over IPv4 when used on a DS-Lite internet connection. When DS-Lite is active, the status "IPv4 over DS Lite" is displayed under "Connections" on the "Overview" page of the FRITZ!Box user interface.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
2 Using the FRITZ!Box user interface to start the computer
Start the computer manually using the FRITZ!Box user interface:
- Open the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network" and then "Home Network Overview" in the user interface.
- Click on the "Network Connections" tab.
- Click the "Edit" button for the computer you want to start.
- Click the "Start Computer" button.
Now the computer will be awoken from standby mode. You can access shared files and server services on the computer shortly afterwards, often after only a couple of seconds.