FRITZ!Box 3272 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Occasional restarts: Several LEDs flash
The FRITZ!Box occasionally restarts. When this happens, all or several LEDs flash continuously. It restarts a few times a week, several times a day, or when specific events or actions occur, for example, but not constantly.
Important:If the FRITZ!Box constantly restarts, proceed as described in in this guide.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on your FRITZ!Box.
2 Using the correct power adapter
One of the most common causes of error is the use of an unsuitable power adapter for the FRITZ!Box:
- Use a suitable power adapter to plug in your FRITZ!Box.
3 Testing whether a USB device is interfering
The problem may be caused by a connected USB device:
- Remove all USB devices from the FRITZ!Box. If the problem no longer occurs, either a USB device or its cable is faulty, or a device consumes too much power.
- Reconnect the USB devices to the FRITZ!Box one by one to find out which device causes the problem.
- For testing purposes, use a USB hub with its own power supply (active USB hub) to connect the device causing interference to the FRITZ!Box.
- If the problem also occurs when using it with an active hub, replace the USB device.
4 Configuring file sharing software
The following steps are only necessary if you are using file sharing software (such as eMule, BitTorrent):
- In the file sharing software, decrease the number of simultaneous connections that are allowed.
5 Checking the FRITZ!Box and settings
Loading the factory settings
- Load the FRITZ!Box's factory settings.
Checking the settings
- Reconfigure the basic functions of the FRITZ!Box.
- Check whether the problem still occurs.
- If the problem no longer occurs, completely reconfigure the FRITZ!Box. The FRITZ!Box's settings were incorrect.
- If the problem still occurs, use the recovery tool to reset the FRITZ!Box. The FRITZ!Box is in an error state.
If it still keeps restarting, this is due to a safeguard mechanism that protects the FRITZ!Box from errors caused by overload, for example. The automatic restart restores the FRITZ!Box to working order.