FRITZ!Box 3390 Service - Baza wiedzy
Configuring the FRITZ!Box for use with other FRITZ!Boxes
It is possible to use two FRITZ!Boxes together in your home network. This allows you to completely integrate network devices (for example computers, smartphones) connected to the second FRITZ!Box into your home network. These devices can then access the Internet as well as other devices in the home network, and they can use all of the functions offered by the FRITZ!Box connected to the Internet.
You can either use a network cable (LAN), a powerline connection (for example with FRITZ!Powerline) or a wireless connection (wireless repeater) to establish a network connection between the FRITZ!Boxes.
Which connection type is best depends on the operational environment and demands on the data transmission rate.
1 Connecting FRITZ!Boxes with a network cable
- Connect the FRITZ!Boxes over LAN if
- you need network connections with a rate of 100 Mbit/s or 1 Gbit/s in the home network (for example for HD video stream).
- you cannot connect the FRITZ!Boxes over wireless LAN.
2 Connecting FRITZ!Boxes over powerline
- Connect the FRITZ!Boxes over powerline if
- you need network connections with a rate of 100 Mbit/s or more in the home network (for example for HD video stream).
- you cannot use a network cable or wireless LAN to connect the FRITZ!Boxes directly.
3 Connecting the FRITZ!Boxes over wireless LAN
- Establish a wireless connection between the FRITZ!Boxes if
- you do not want to lay network cables or establish a powerline connection between the two FRITZ!Boxes.