FRITZ!Box 3490 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Using wireless speakers in the FRITZ!Box home network
Wireless speakers are easy to set up and let you enjoy your music wherever you want. If your wireless speaker supports the WPS method (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), you can simply push a button to connect it to the FRITZ!Box's wireless network.
Right away you can listen to music with your wireless speaker. For example, you can play music from your smartphone in the FRITZ!Box wireless network directly over the wireless speaker.
If you copy your music collection to a USB storage device and connect it to the FRITZ!Box, you can then transmit your music directly from the FRITZ!Box to the speakers over wireless LAN. In addition to using your computer control music playback, you can also use your smartphone or tablet.
Example configuration in this guide
In this guide we show you how to configure a wireless speaker from Sony's SA line (for example SA-NS310, 410 or 510). These speakers support the WPS procedure as well as the Airplay protocol. This makes them easy to set up and suitable for use with Apple devices.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The wireless speaker must support the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) standard or be certified by the DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance).
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Connecting the wireless speaker to the FRITZ!Box
Preparing the FRITZ!Box for WPS
The FRITZ!Box is already prepared for WPS in the factory settings. If you changed the FRITZ!Box's wireless settings, configure the following settings:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Click on the "WPS Quick Connection" tab.
- Enable WPS.
- Select "Push-Button method (WPS-PBC, Push Button Configuration)" and click "Start WPS".
Establishing a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box
- Plug in the power adapter of the wireless speaker.
- Push and hold the "WPS" button on the back of the wireless speaker for about 3 seconds until the "LINK" LED on the speaker starts to flash. Depending on the model, the LED will either be on the front or the back of the speaker.
- Push and hold the "WPS" button on the FRITZ!Box for about 1 second until its "WLAN" LED flashes.
2 Playing music from the FRITZ!Box Media Server on the wireless speaker
If you use the FRITZ!Box as a media server, you can access your central media collection from all devices in the home network. You can easily play the music files with your smartphone or tablet, for example, and then play them directly through the wireless speaker.
Setting up the FRITZ!Box as a Media Server
- Set up the FRITZ!Box as a Media Server.
Controlling music playback with an Android device
- Download FRITZ!App Media from the Google Play Store and install the app on your Android device.
- Start FRITZ!App Media.
- Select the AVM FRITZ!Mediaserver.
- Tap the music file you want to play.
- Press the menu key on the Android device and select the wireless speaker as the output device.
Now the music that you play with FRITZ!App Media is played through the wireless speaker.
Controlling music playback with an Apple iOS device
- On the iOS device, set up an app that can play files from media servers that comply with the UPnP AV standard. You can find suitable apps, for example VLC for Mobile or GoodPlayer, in the App Store.
Note:If you want to use Apple's Airplay to play the music through the wireless speaker, use an app that supports the UPnP AV standard as well as Airplay.