FRITZ!Box 3490 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Certain settings are missing from the FRITZ!Box user interface
You want to use or configure a certain function in the FRITZ!Box user interface. However, the corresponding settings, for example menu items or buttons, are not displayed although these settings are present in the user interface of a different FRITZ!Box of the same type.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Enabling the advanced view
- Open the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click the three dot menu in the upper-right corner of the user interface.
- Click the on/off switch to enable the advanced view.
Fig.: Enabling the advanced view
- The advanced view is enabled when the on/off switch is green .
2 Enabling the telephony function
The telephony function is hidden in the user interface in the factory settings. Therefore, enable the following setting if you want to use the FRITZ!Box's telephony function:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "Enable support for FRITZ!App Fon in the FRITZ!Box".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
3 FRITZ!Box is configured as a Mesh Repeater / IP client
If the FRITZ!Box is configured as a "Mesh Repeater / IP client" under "Internet > Account Information", all of the settings that cannot be used in this operating mode are hidden. This is the case with port sharing, dynamic DNS, IP settings, the online meter, and DSL information. If the upstream router makes these functions available, you can configure them in the router. These settings are only available in the FRITZ!Box if the FRITZ!Box establishes the internet connection, for example when being used as a DSL router.