FRITZ!Box 3490 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
FRITZ!Box reports "Wireless LAN transmission quality increased by reduced channel bandwidth"
The speed of the wireless connection (WiFi) to the FRITZ!Box displayed by wireless devices such as computers, smartphones, or tablets, is significantly lower than the data rate possible with the wireless standard 802.11n. The following message is displayed in the event log of the FRITZ!Box:
- "Wireless LAN transmission quality increased by reduced channel bandwidth (2.4 GHz)"
- The FRITZ!Box recognizes when the wireless channels it uses in the 2.4 GHz frequency band are in heavy use by other wireless networks. To ensure stable wireless connections, it automatically reduces the channel bandwidth from 40 MHz to 20 MHz. This FRITZ!Box behavior is conform to wireless coexistence, which is part of the wireless standard 802.11n. Although wireless devices then display a lower data rate, the user data rate is increased because there is less interference and the wireless connection is no longer affected by constant retransmissions.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Enabling or refreshing the auto channel
When the auto channel is enabled, the FRITZ!Box checks the wireless environment and automatically selects the most suitable wireless channel settings. The allocation of the frequency band can change significantly over the course of the day, though, which is why the FRITZ!Box checks again every 6 hours, if no wireless devices are transmitting data at that time. You can also manually refresh the auto channel at any time:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Radio Channel" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "Set radio channel settings automatically (recommended)".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Note:When you enable or refresh the auto channel, all wireless connections to the FRITZ!Box are cleared and automatically re-established.
- Click the "Refresh Auto Channel" button.
Now wireless connections to the FRITZ!Box are established with the maximum possible data rate.
Note:If the message "Wireless LAN transmission quality increased by reduced channel bandwidth [...]" is still displayed in the event log of the FRITZ!Box, this is due to the heavy use by wireless networks in the vicinity.