FRITZ!Box 4020 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Starting network devices over the internet (Wake on LAN)
With the "Wake on LAN" function you can start computers, NAS systems, and other network devices in your FRITZ!Box home network over the internet. This way you can use remote maintenance software to access one of your computers at any time, without having to always keep the computer on, for example.
ATTENTION!Due to an error in FRITZ!OS 6.83, the FRITZ!Box does not automatically send the Magic Packet required for "Wake on LAN". We are working on a solution and shall correct this behavior with a FRITZ!OS update as soon as possible. Until the update is available, you can start the computer using the FRITZ!Box user interface.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The device must be connected to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Box.
- The device must support the ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface) standard.
- The device must be configured for sleep mode "S3", "S4" or "S5".
- The FRITZ!Box must establish its own connection to the internet using a modem (for example a DSL or cable modem).
- The FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address or an IPv6 address from the internet service provider.
Important:When used on an internet connection with DS-Lite tunnel, the FRITZ!Box is only accessible over IPv6 and not over IPv4. If a DS-Lite tunnel is enabled, this is displayed under "Connections" on the "Overview" page of the FRITZ!Box user interface.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Allowing a device to start automatically when accessed from internet
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Connections" tab.
- Click the (Edit) button for the device you would like to configure.
- Enable the option "Start this computer automatically as soon as it is accessed from the internet".
Note:You can click the "Start Computer" button to start the device directly from standby mode and easily test whether it supports "Wake on LAN".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.