FRITZ!Box 4020 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Determining the FRITZ!Box's MAC address
A MAC address (Media Access Control address) serves to unambiguously identify a device in the network.
The MAC address by which the FRITZ!Box can be reached by another network device (such as a computer) depends on which network interface (LAN, wireless LAN (WiFi)) the network device is using to communicate with the FRITZ!Box.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Determining the FRITZ!Box's wireless MAC address
2 Determining the FRITZ!Box's LAN MAC address
You can determine the FRITZ!Box's LAN MAC address using a Windows computer connected to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Box:
- Press the keyboard shortcut Windows key + R.
- Enter cmd in the "Open" field and click "OK".
- Enter ping nslookup fritz.box in the command prompt window and press Enter.
- Make note of the IP address of the FRITZ!Box displayed next to the entry "Address:".
- Enter arp -a [IP address of the FRITZ!Box] and press Enter.
arp - a 192.168.178.1
Fig.: Using nslookup to determine the MAC address
- Make note of the MAC address of the FRITZ!Box displayed under the entry "Physical Address".