FRITZ!Box 4020 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
USB storage device is not detected by FRITZ!Box
The FRITZ!Box does not detect a USB storage device. After connecting it to the FRITZ!Box, the USB storage device is either not displayed at all in the FRITZ!Box user interface under "Home network > USB Devices > Overview of Devices", or it is displayed as an "unknown" device.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Restarting the FRITZ!Box
Restart the FRITZ!Box while the USB storage device is connected to it:
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Restart" tab.
- Click the "Restart" button.
2 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on your FRITZ!Box.
3 Testing functionality of a USB storage device
- For testing purposes, connect the USB storage device to the USB port on your computer.
- If the computer's operating system does not detect the USB storage device, either the USB storage device or the USB cable is defective. In this case, contact the manufacturer.
4 Connecting the USB storage device directly to the FRITZ!Box
The following step is only necessary if the USB storage device is connected to the FRITZ!Box by means of a USB hub:
- For testing purposes, connect the USB storage device directly to the FRITZ!Box (i.e. without a USB hub).
- If the USB storage device is now detected, then the USB hub is either defective or it does not support the USB storage device you connected.
5 Using an external power supply
The FRITZ!Box supplies USB devices with a maximum of 500 mA in accordance with the USB specification. Perform the following step if the USB storage device's power consumption exceeds this:
Note:USB hard drives that are larger than 2.5" in size normally require more than 500 mA and often come with a Y cable in order to attach them to two USB ports to supply sufficient power. Since the USB ports on computers often supply more than 500 mA, it is usually only necessary to connect USB hard drives to just one USB port in order to use them.
- Use the USB storage device's power supply unit (if available) to plug it in,
- Connect the USB storage device to the FRITZ!Box by means of a USB hub with its own power supply (active USB hub).