FRITZ!Box 4020 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Using an Android device in the FRITZ!Box home network
You can easily connect an Android smartphone or tablet to the wireless network (WiFi) of the FRITZ!Box. The Android device can then access the internet, conduct calls over the FRITZ!Box, and play photos, videos, and music from the FRITZ!Box Media Server,
Note:Here we show you how to connect an Android device to the FRITZ!Box using Android 8.1 ("Oreo") as an example.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box automatically assigns the correct IP settings to all devices via DHCP. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, reenable it:
Important:If the FRITZ!Box uses the internet connection of another router, then the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server is disabled. In this case, the upstream router must assign the IP settings to the devices.
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Connecting an Android device with the FRITZ!Box
Note:It is especially easy to use FRITZ!App WLAN to connect your Android devices to the FRITZ!Box.
- Tap the "Settings" icon on the home screen of the Android device.
- Tap "Network & Internet" in the "Settings" menu.
- Tap "WiFi".
- If wireless LAN is switched off, tap the "OFF" symbol next to the "Wi-Fi" option to enable wireless LAN.
- Tap the connection with the wireless network name (SSID) of the FRITZ!Box.
Note:If you do not know the name of the wireless network (SSID) and the network key for your FRITZ!Box, determine your FRITZ!Box's wireless settings.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box's network key in the "Password" field and tap "Connect".
Now the Android device is connected to the internet via the FRITZ!Box; with suitable apps it can play multimedia content from the FRITZ!Box media server and other media servers in the home network, for example.
3 Using an Android device with the FRITZ!Box
Conducting calls over the FRITZ!Box
If you want to make calls at home using the telephone numbers configured in the FRITZ!Box:
- Set up FRITZ!App Fon.
Accessing the FRITZ!Box over the internet
If you want to securely access your FRITZ!Box or a USB storage device connected to the FRITZ!Box over the internet when you are away from home:
- Set up MyFRITZ!App.
Accessing FRITZ!NAS in the home network
If you want to access a USB storage device connected to the FRITZ!Box:
- If you want to easily access your FRITZ!NAS contents, set up our MyFRITZ!App.
- If you want to access your FRITZ!NAS contents without using an additional app, call up http://fritz.nas in a web browser.
- If you are already using an app that supports the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol or the FTP protocol, you can also use it to access your FRITZ!NAS contents via \\fritz.box or ftp://fritz.box.
Playing multimedia content from the FRITZ!Box media server
If you want to play multimedia content such as photos, videos, or music from a USB storage device connected to the FRITZ!Box:
Using a printer connected to the FRITZ!Box
If you want to print using a USB printer connected to the FRITZ!Box when you are at home:
- Configure the USB printer connected to the FRITZ!Box as a network printer.
- Install an app on the Android device that can address printers using IP RAW, for example Mobile Print - PrinterShare or PrintHand Mobile Print.
- In the app, configure Raw TCP as the port type and 9100 as the port; enter fritz.box as the host name or IP address.
Setting up a VPN connection to the FRITZ!Box
If you want to establish a securely encrypted network connection (VPN, Virtual Private Network) to your FRITZ!Box and devices in the home network over your Android device's internet connection:
Note:Whenever a VPN connection is active, all web requests are routed over the FRITZ!Box. This enables you to access all internet services, such as email and online banking, with your Android device even in public wireless hotspots, while protecting you against data interception and manipulation.
- Set up a VPN connection to the FRITZ!Box.