FRITZ!Box 4040 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Configuring "Existing connection over wireless LAN" in the FRITZ!Box
You can connect the FRITZ!Box to a wireless router (for example belonging to a neighbor) over wireless LAN (WiFi) so that all of the network devices in the FRITZ!Box home network can use the router's Internet connection.
In this case, the FRITZ!Box functions as a router itself and and provides its own network with its own network address range. You can use the wireless router's wireless network, or you can also use the FRITZ!Box's wireless network with its separate security settings.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The wireless router must use the 2.4 GHz frequency band and WPA encryption.
- The FRITZ!Box must use a different IP network than the wireless router.
Note:If the FRITZ!Box's IP settings are the factory settings, then they are automatically adjusted when you set up the connection over wireless LAN (IP network: 192.168.188.0, subnet mask: 255.255.255.0).
- Network devices connected to the wireless router cannot access devices connected to the FRITZ!Box.
- You can no longer set up wireless connections to the FRITZ!Box with WPS (push button method), and you can only establish connections in the 2.4 GHz frequency band if the FRITZ!Box is connected to the wireless router.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Account Information" in the "Internet" menu.
- Select "Existing connection over wireless LAN" from the drop-down list "Internet connection via".
- In the "Wireless LAN devices" section, use the name of the wireless network (SSID) to select the wireless network you would like to connect the FRITZ!Box to. If the wireless network is not listed, click the "Refresh List" button first.
- In the "Network key" field, enter the password that was assigned to the wireless network in the wireless router.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now the FRITZ!Box and the wireless router are connected over wireless LAN. All network devices in the FRITZ!Box home network can use the router's Internet connection.