FRITZ!Box 4040 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
SMB versions supported by the FRITZ!Box
The FRITZ!Box supports version 1.0 of the network protocol SMB.
If you do not want to use SMB 1.0, you can simply use http://fritz.nas in a web browser to access USB storage devices connected to the FRITZ!Box. You can also use the FTP protocol to access the storage devices, for example with Cyberduck, FileZilla, or WinSCP.
If you uninstalled SMB 1.0 from your Windows computer, you can reinstall the protocol on it:
- Click (Start) and then (Settings) in the Windows task bar.
- Click "Apps" in the "Settings" menu.
- Click "Programs and Features" in the "Related settings" section.
- Click "Turn Windows features on or off" in the "Uninstall or change a program" window.
- Enable the option "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" or "SMB1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" in the window "Windows Features" and click "OK".
- Click "OK".
- Click "Restart now" to complete the installation procedure.