Saving the settings and restoring them to the same FRITZ!Box
You can save the settings of your FRITZ!Box in a backup file and use it to restore all or only certain settings (for example wireless settings, FRITZ!Box users) if necessary. In addition to the manual backup described here, you can also have the push service save your settings automatically. The "Save Settings" push service automatically sends an email with the backup file before every update and each time the factory settings are loaded.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Saving data from the internal memory
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Storage (NAS)" in the "Home Network" menu.
- If the option "Storage (NAS) enabled" is enabled, click "Internal memory" to display the contents of FRITZ!NAS.
- Select the files and folders you want to back up and click "Download".
2 Saving settings
3 Restoring settings
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Restore" tab.
- Click "Browse" and select the file "FRITZ.Box[...].export" with the settings you want to restore.
- Enter the password you assigned when saving the file.
- If you only want to restore certain settings, enable the option "Select manually the settings to be restored".
- Click the "Restore" button and on the FRITZ!Box, confirm that the procedure may be executed if asked to do so.
- If you want, enable the settings you would like to restore.
- Click "Apply".
AVM Section Navigation