FRITZ!Box 4040 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Individual application cannot access internet
A specific application cannot access the internet, although you can access the internet with different applications on the same computer or device. For example, a virus scanner cannot download updates, a browser game cannot connect to the game server, or Amazon Fire TV or Netflix cannot connect to a server.
The application may display one of the following error messages:
- "Server is not responding."
- "Server not found."
- "Failed to connect to server."
- "Online update has failed"
- "Network error when downloading updates."
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Disabling parental controls for the device
The FRITZ!Box's parental controls may be preventing internet access. Therefore, assign the respective device to the "Unrestricted" access profile for testing purposes:
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Filters" in the "Internet" menu.
- Select the access profile "Unrestricted" for the respective device from the drop-down list.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
If the application can now access the internet, then the filter for websites (blacklist, whitelist) in the parental controls was blocking internet access. When it is enabled, applications cannot directly access IP addresses on the internet, for example. You can either choose to not restrict internet access for the respective device, or you can adjust the filter for websites.
2 Setting up port sharing in the FRITZ!Box
The following steps are only necessary if you are experiencing problems with joining online games or chats:
Note:By default, the FRITZ!Box's firewall protects all of the devices in the home network from incoming connections and unwanted data from the internet. However, to use certain online games (for example Call of Duty) and individual chat applications, other users from the internet must be able to access your computers and game consoles.
- If the application supports UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) or PCP (Port Control Protocol): Set up the FRITZ!Box for automatic port sharing. The application itself can then open all of the ports in the FRITZ!Box that it requires.
- If the application does not support UPnP or PCP: Configure static port sharing for the application in the FRITZ!Box.
Important:If the FRITZ!Box uses the existing internet connection of another router, then you must set up port sharing in the upstream router.
3 Configuring the firewall
A firewall on the device may be preventing individual applications from accessing the internet:
- Configure the firewall on the device according to the manufacturer's instructions so that the application in question has unrestricted access to the internet: