FRITZ!Box 4040 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Setting up FRITZ!Box for internet access via the mobile network (LTE/UMTS)
If you use an additional mobile broadband dongle with the FRITZ!Box, the FRITZ!Box can also connect to the internet using the mobile network and then provide internet access to all computers in the home network.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The mobile broadband dongle must support the mobile standard LTE (4G) or UMTS/HSPA (3G).
- The mobile broadband dongle must support the AT command set or USB tethering.
- Depending on the mobile network operator, internet telephony and all other functions for which a public IP address is required (for example incoming VPN connections) are either available or available only to a limited extent.
1 Connecting a mobile broadband dongle to the FRITZ!Box
- With the SIM card inserted, connect the mobile broadband dongle to a USB port on the FRITZ!Box.
Important:The FRITZ!Box supplies USB devices connected to the USB port on the back with up to 900 mA, and to those connected to the USB port on the side with up to 500 mA in accordance with the USB specification. If the dongle requires more than this, use a USB hub with its own power supply (active USB hub) to connect it to the FRITZ!Box. Refer to the manufacturer of the dongle for information on its power consumption.
2 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
Configuring internet access
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Mobile Communications" in the "Internet" menu.
- If the mobile network should always be used for the internet connection, enable the option "Mobile connection enabled".
- Enter the PIN for the SIM card of the mobile broadband dongle in the "PIN" field.
Important:If you enter the wrong PIN three times, you must enter the PUK. Refer to your mobile network operator for information on your PIN or PUK.
- Select your provider from the drop-down list "Mobile communications network provider". If your provider is not displayed:
- Select "Other operator".
- Enter the account information you received from your mobile network operator in the corresponding fields.
Note:You cannot change the account information for preconfigured mobile network operators.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
The FRITZ!Box now establishes all internet connections using the mobile broadband dongle connected to it.