Setting up MyFRITZ!App for Android
With MyFRITZ!App for Android you have easy and secure access to your FRITZ!Box and your home network when you are at home or on the go. This way you can
- check calls, voice messages, and other events.
- enable and disable the FRITZ!Box answering machine and call diversions.
- access FRITZ!NAS to upload or download files, or play or display multimedia content such as photos or music.
- control your smart home devices (for example FRITZ!DECT 200) and check the power consumption of the connected devices.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Android 5.0 or later is installed on the smartphone or tablet.
- The "home network connection" (VPN) function can only be used if the FRITZ!Box obtains a public IPv4 address from the internet service provider.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box to allow access for applications
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box is configured to allow applications to access it. If you changed the FRITZ!Box's settings, configure it to allow applications to access it again:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Enable the option "Allow access for applications" in the section "Access Settings in the Home Network". If the section is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Setting up a Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box
When setting up the app, the smartphone or tablet must be connected with the FRITZ!Box's Wi-Fi network (not the guest network):
- Set up the Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box.
3 Installing MyFRITZ!App
- Download MyFRITZ!App from the Google Play Store and install the app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Start MyFRITZ!App.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box password. If you are asked to enter a user name and password, enter the account information of a FRITZ!Box user who is authorized to access FRITZ!Box settings.
Note:You can edit the account information and access rights of users under "System > FRITZ!Box Users" in the user interface.
- Tap the "Save" button to complete the configuration.
AVM Section Navigation