Creating filter lists for websites
The FRITZ!Box parental controls not only allow you to limit internet access time, you can also use filter lists to block access to certain websites or only allow users to open certain websites.
Note the following information on the FRITZ!Box's filter lists and proceed as described in the subsequent measures.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Filter lists are not available if the FRITZ!Box uses the internet connection of another router. In this case, regulate internet use in the other router.
- Direct IP access to websites is always blocked for access profiles for which a filter list is enabled. In the list of "Permitted IP addresses" you can see which IP addresses the FRITZ!Box blocked and also unblock them again if necessary.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 The FRITZ!Box's filter lists
The FRITZ!Box allows you to create a list of permitted websites and a list of blocked websites. Each list can contain up to 500 web addresses (URLs) and be enabled for one or several access profiles.
Devices assigned to a profile for which the filter "Permit websites" is enabled can only open the websites on the list "Permitted websites". All other websites are blocked. A list with permitted websites is suitable for small children who are only allowed to access a few websites.
Some web pages load content from other web addresses. If the filter "Permit websites" is enabled, these websites are only displayed correctly if the websites from which content is loaded are also on the list "Permitted websites".
If you call up www.wikipedia.org, data from www.wikimedia.org is also loaded. If only wikipedia.org is entered in the list "Permitted websites", these websites are not displayed correctly.
Devices assigned to a profile for which the filter "Block websites" is enabled cannot open the websites entered in the list "Blocked websites". All other websites can be opened. A list of blocked websites is suitable for children who are not allowed to access certain websites.
Some web services are available through different web addresses. To block access to these services, you must block all addresses that can be used to access it. This is especially the case with apps that often use several or different addresses.
To also block the YouTube app from accessing YouTube, you must enter the addresses youtube.com, youtube-nocookie.com, youtu.be, ytimg.com, ggpht.com, googleapis.com, and googlevideo.com in the list "Blocked websites" (as of March 2018). These are the addresses given by Google in the guide Restrict YouTube content on your network or managed devices.
2 Creating filter lists for websites
Enter the addresses of the websites whose access you want to block or allow in the respective filter list:
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Filters" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Lists" tab.
- Click the "Edit" link next to the list you want to edit.
- Enter the web addresses (URLs) in the field without prefixes such as http, https, or www. Press the space bar after entering each address.
poker.com xxx.com aggro.tv
- Click "Apply" to save the list.
Now the filter lists are set up. The filter lists apply to all access profiles for which you enabled the option "Filter websites" and selected the respective filter list. Restart the FRITZ!Box so that the filter list also applies to devices that accessed the internet while you were configuring it.
AVM Section Navigation