Extending the online time permitted in the parental controls with tickets
You can use tickets to allow devices to access the internet regardless of the time limit set in the FRITZ!Box parental controls. Each ticket consists of a randomly generated six-digit numerical code; if a device redeems the ticket in a web browser, it is then granted a single 45-minute extension of online time.
This way, you can easily allow your child to surf outside the times set in the parental controls without having to adjust the parental control settings in the FRITZ!Box.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Devices with a block enabled and devices in the guest network cannot use tickets.
- Every device can redeem an unlimited number of tickets. Each ticket grants a single 45-minute extension of online time to the device that redeems it. If the device shares its online budget with other devices, the extension applies to the other devices as well.
- The FRITZ!Box always shows 10 valid tickets. Once they are redeemed, tickets disappear from the display and are immediately replaced by new tickets.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Generating tickets
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Filters" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Access Profiles" tab.
- Click "Print Tickets" to print all of the tickets or click "Share Ticket" to copy a single ticket number to the clipboard.
2 Transferring tickets
- Give the user(s) the ticket numbers by email or messenger, or distribute the printed tickets.
3 Redeeming tickets
- In the web browser, enter the ticket number on the page telling you that internet use is blocked. If the page is not displayed, for example because a HTTPS page was called up:
- Call up the page http://fritz.box. Now the FRITZ!Box displays the page with information about the parental controls block.
- Enter the ticket number.
Note:Each time a ticket is redeemed, an event is generated and recorded under "System > Event Log" in the user interface of the FRITZ!Box.
AVM Section Navigation