FRITZ!Box 6490 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Configuring call forwarding through the exchange
With call forwarding through the exchange you can automatically divert incoming calls to a different line, for example to your mobile telephone. Calls are forwarded by the telephone exchange of your telephony provider and not in the FRITZ!Box.
You can either use the FRITZ!Box user interface to configure call forwarding, or you can use the menu of an ISDN telephone.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The telephony provider supports configuration of call forwarding.
Note:With some telephony providers, you can also configure call forwarding in your personal customer area in the Internet.
- No dialing rule, blocking rule or call diversion has been configured in the FRITZ!Box for the destination number.
1 Using the FRITZ!Box user interface to configure call forwarding
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Call Handling" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Call Diversion" tab.
- Click the "New Call Diversion" button.
- Enable the option "Calls to a telephone number / telephone" under "Which calls should be diverted?".
- Select the desired telephone number.
- Enable the option "Destination telephone number" in the "Divert calls to" section.
- Enter the number to which incoming calls are to be forwarded.
- Select "automatically" from the drop-down list "Outgoing caller ID".
- Select "immediately", "delayed" or "when busy" as the "Type of call diversion".
Important:The options "long delay" and "parallel call" cannot be used with call forwarding.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Using the menu of an ISDN telephone to configure call forwarding
If an ISDN telephone is connected to the FRITZ!Box, you can also use the menu of the telephone to configure call forwarding. You can find information on configuring the device in its manual or you can consult the manufacturer directly.