Cordless telephone is deregistered after a FRITZ!Box restart
After a restart of the FRITZ!Box, for example after a FRITZ!OS update, a cordless telephone from another manufacturer no longer connects to the FRITZ!Box automatically and must be re-registered.
- The cordless telephone does not support the expanded security functions for the DECT connection.
Note:This guide is valid for FRITZ!OS 7.20 or later. If you are using an earlier FRITZ!OS version, the configuration may differ or functions may not be available. You can find the FRITZ!OS version on the "Overview" page of the FRITZ!Box user interface.
Disabling expanded security functions
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "DECT" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Disable the expanded security functions in the section "Security".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
After you disable the expanded security functions, you must re-register the cordless telephone once with the FRITZ!Box.
AVM Section Navigation