- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
- FRITZ!Box 3490
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 450E
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 310
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1160
FRITZ!Repeater is not marked with Mesh symbol
You want to integrate a FRITZ!Repeater into the Mesh but it's not marked with the Mesh symbol? ✔ Just follow these simple instructions.
Although the FRITZ!Repeater is connected to the FRITZ!Box and displayed in the Mesh overview, the Mesh symbol is missing.
Fig.: FRITZ!Repeater not marked with Mesh symbol in Mesh Master
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Repeater
- Click "System" in the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Click on "Update" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "FRITZ!OS Version" tab.
- Click the "Find New FRITZ!OS" button.
- Click the "Start Update" button.
2 Disabling the Mesh Master's keylock
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Buttons and LEDs" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Keylock" tab.
- Disable the "Buttons locked" checkbox.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
3 Adding a FRITZ!Repeater to the Mesh by button
Push a button to integrate devices into the Mesh quickly and easily:
Important:You cannot use the "Start WPS" button in the user interface to integrate devices into the Mesh.
- Briefly push the "WPS" or "Connect" button on the FRITZ!Repeater (for about 1 second) and let go of it again. When you release the button, the "WLAN" LED starts to flash or the "Connect" LED starts to flash quickly.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold down the connect button on the Mesh Master until its confirmation LED lights up. Other LEDs may also light up:
FRITZ!Box model Connect button Confirmation LED FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530 AX, 7530, 7520, 6890, 6850, 6660, 5530 Connect / WPS Connect / WPS FRITZ!Box 6591, 6590 Connect / WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7490, 7430, 5491, 5490 WLAN WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6490, 6430 WLAN WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7560, 7362 SL WLAN WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7583, 7582, 7581, 7580 WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6820, 4040, 4020, 3490 WPS WLAN
- The process is complete as soon as the Mesh Master marks the FRITZ!Repeater with the Mesh symbol in the Mesh overview.
AVM Section Navigation