FRITZ!Box 6490 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Assigning display names to telephone numbers
You can assign display names to telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box. These are then shown in your telephone's display when making and receiving calls. The display name tells you which number was used to call or which number a caller dialed.
Important:Some of the settings described here are only displayed if the advanced view is enabled in the user interface.
1 Activating text information in the FRITZ!Box
- Enter #960*2* on your telephone and press the call key (lift the receiver).
- Hang up again after about 3 seconds.
Note:Enter #960*0* if you would like to disable the display of text information again.
2 Assigning display names in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the respective telephone number.
Important:If you cannot edit the telephone number, then the number was automatically configured in your FRITZ!Box when your Internet connection was configured. It is not possible to change the settings for numbers that were automatically configured. Your cable provider can provide you with further information on these numbers.
- Enter a name of your choice in the "Display name" field.
You can enter "VOIP_12345", "provider_12345, "office", "private" or "12345" as a display name for the Internet telephone number 12345.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.