FRITZ!Box 6490 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Cannot operate telephony devices and voice computers remotely
You cannot operate telephony devices or voice computers used on other lines remotely. For example, you cannot:
- Operate the voice computer of a telephone hotline.
- Operate an answering machine on another line remotely.
- Call an answering machine connected to the FRITZ!Box and operate it remotely (for example in order to listen to new messages).
- Enter a PIN when using telebanking.
Important:Some of the settings described here are only displayed if the advanced view is enabled in the user interface.
1 Testing different DTMF transmission methods
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the respective Internet telephone number.
Important:If you cannot edit the telephone number, then the number was automatically configured in your FRITZ!Box when your Internet connection was configured. It is not possible to change the settings for numbers that were automatically configured. Your cable provider can provide you with further information on these numbers.
- Select "Other provider" from the drop-down list, even if you are using a pre-configured Internet telephony provider.
- Try different settings for the "DTMF transmission" or ask your Internet telephony provider which setting you must select.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Besides these settings, the FRITZ!Box has no influence on whether the tones are distorted when they are transmitted to the line that was called. For example, if the Internet telephony provider sends DTMF tones over the voice channel, individual tones can be distorted by other signals. In this case, the FRITZ!Box cannot resolve this issue.