FRITZ!Box 6490 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Saving and restoring FRITZ!Box settings
The FRITZ!Box settings can be saved to a backup file. This file can then be used to restore selected settings (for example telephone books, Internet account information, and wireless settings) at a later point in time.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Starting with FRITZ!OS 6.80, settings can only be restored to a FRITZ!Box with the same or a later FRITZ!OS version.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to FRITZ!OS 6.83; they may differ or not be available with older FRITZ!OS versions. You can find the version of FRITZ!OS on the "Overview" page of the FRITZ!Box user interface.
1 Saving settings
2 Restoring settings
With some cable providers, your telephone numbers must be automatically configured by your provider before you can restore settings:
Setting up the FRITZ!Box for use with a cable connection
- Set up the FRITZ!Box for use with a cable connection.
Restoring selected settings
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Restore" tab.
- Click "Browse" and select the file "FRITZ.Box[...].export" with the settings you would like to restore.
- Enter the password you entered when saving the file.
- Enable the option "Select manually the settings to be restored".
Important:If you are renting your FRITZ!Box from your cable provider, you must enable the option "Select manually the settings to be restored" because otherwise the account information transmitted by provisioning is overwritten again.
- Click the "Restore" button and confirm that the procedure may be executed on the FRITZ!Box, if you are asked to do so.
- Enable the settings you would like to restore and click "Apply".