FRITZ!Box 6490 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Using a Blu-ray player in the FRITZ!Box home network
If your Blu-ray player is equipped with a LAN port and/or has a wireless module, you can simply connect it to a LAN port or the wireless network (WiFi) of your FRITZ!Box. The Blu-ray payer can then access the Internet and be used as a playback device for videos, music, and image files in the FRITZ!Box home network.
Important:Some of the settings described here are only displayed if the advanced view is enabled in the user interface.
Enabling the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server
The FRITZ!Box is configured as a DHCP server in the factory settings. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, configure the following settings:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box uses the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Setting up the FRITZ!Box as a Media Server
The following step is only necessary if you wish to use the Blu-ray player to play videos, music and image files from the FRITZ!Box Media Server:
- Set up the FRITZ!Box as a Media Server.
2 Configuring the Blu-ray player
The Blue-ray player needs special IP settings in order to communicate with the FRITZ!Box and other network devices in the home network:
- Configure the Blu-ray player to automatically obtain IP settings (DHCP client).
Note:You can find information on configuring the Blu-ray in its manual or you can consult its manufacturer directly.
3 Connecting the Blu-ray player to the FRITZ!Box
- Use a network cable to connect the Blu-ray player to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Box,
- or, if the Blu-ray player has a wireless module:
- Connect the Blu-ray player to the FRITZ!Box's wireless network.
Now the Blu-ray player is connected to the Internet via the FRITZ!Box. It can play files from media servers in the FRITZ!Box home network, such as the Windows Media Player.
Note:You can find additional information on configuring the Blu-ray player in its manual, or consult its manufacturer directly.