FRITZ!Box 6490 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Configuring a static IP route in the FRITZ!Box
Each connected network device (for example a computer) requires an IP address from the FRITZ!Box's IP network (192.168.178.0/24 in the factory settings) in order for it to access the Internet via the FRITZ!Box. In a network with multiple IP networks (subnets), you must configure static routes in the FRITZ!Box in order to enable all network devices to access the Internet via the FRITZ!Box.
Example values used in this guide
In this example we show you how to configure Internet access for network devices in their own IP network that are connected to the FRITZ!Box's IP network by means of a router. When you set up the devices, replace the values used in this example with actual values.
- IP network of the FRITZ!Box:
192.168.20.0 (subnet mask: 24 - 255.255.255.0)
- IP network of the router connected to the FRITZ!Box:
192.168.21.0 (subnet mask: 24 - 255.255.255.0)
- IP addresses of the router in the FRITZ!Box network:
192.168.20.2 and 192.168.21.1
Important:Some of the settings described here are only displayed if the advanced view is enabled in the user interface.
1 Configuring a static IP route in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click "IPv4 Routes".
- Click the "New IPv4 Route" button.
- Enter the IP network of the network router connected to the FRITZ!Box (192.168.21.0) as the "IPv4 network".
- Enter the subnet mask of the other IP network (255.255.255.0) in the "Subnet mask" field.
- For "Gateway", enter the IP address of the network router in the FRITZ!Box home network (192.168.20.2) that connects the two IP networks.
- Enable the option "IPv4 route active".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Configuring the IP route in the network router
- Configure the network router according to the manufacturer's instructions so that it routes between the FRITZ!Box's IP network (192.168.20.0) and its own IP network (192.168.21.0).
Note:If you are using a windows computer with several network adapters as the network router, you must enable "IP routing" in Windows. Microsoft can provide you with information on configuring IP routing.
3 Configuring network devices in the network router's IP network
- On the network devices, configure the IP address of the network router from its own IP network (192.168.21.1) as the standard gateway,
- On the network devices, configure a static IP route to the IP network of the FRITZ!Box (192.168.20.0) that uses the network router as the gateway (192.168.21.1).
Now the network devices of the second IP network can access the FRITZ!Box's Internet connection.