FRITZ!Box 6490 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Cannot access the Internet via the FRITZ!Box
Although the FRITZ!Box is connected to the cable connection and configured for Internet access via cable, computers, smartphones, or other devices connected to it cannot access the Internet.
One of the following error messages may be displayed in the "Network and Sharing Center" of the respective computer:
- "Access: Local only"
- "Access type: No Internet access"
Important:Some of the settings described here are only displayed if the advanced view is enabled in the user interface.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Checking the event log of the FRITZ!Box
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- If the user interface cannot be opened:
- Click "Event Log" in the "System" menu.
- Select "Internet connection" from the drop-down list.
- Check whether error messages are displayed.
- If the error message "Cable Internet not responding" is constantly displayed:
- If the message "Cable Internet not responding (no synchronization)" is displayed frequently (several times a day):
- If the message "Internet connection failed: Reason for error: 2 (DHCPv4 no answer on DISCOVER)" is displayed:
- Contact your cable provider for a solution.
2 Enabling the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server
The FRITZ!Box is configured as a DHCP server in the factory settings. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, configure the following settings:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
3 Configuring a network device as a DHCP client
To ensure that the network device always uses the correct IP settings, make sure that it is configured as a DHCP client (this is the standard setting for most devices and operating systems):
- Configure the network device to automatically obtain IP settings (DHCP).
4 Configuring the Internet Explorer
Perform the following step only if you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer and it displays the message "Web page unavailable while offline":
- Start the Internet Explorer.
- Open the "Tools" menu.
- If the menu "Work Offline" entry is displayed and there is a checkmark in front of it, click this entry to remove the checkmark.
- Click the "Internet Options" menu entry and then "Connections".
- Enable the option "Never dial a connection".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
5 Configuring the computer's firewall
A firewall can interfere with the communication between the computer and the FRITZ!Box:
- Configure the firewall on the computer so that it allows connections from the computer to the FRITZ!Box. Refer to the manufacturer of the firewall for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
6 Installing the latest software for network adapters
- Install the latest driver for your computer's network adapter or the latest software for the respective device.
Note:Often the Windows Update does not offer all of the latest device drivers. Therefore, use the drivers from the manufacturer's website (for example Intel, Broadcom, Realtek).