FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Setting up access and prioritization rules for a network application
You can define rules for network applications in the FRITZ!Box so that
- some access profiles are completely prevented from accessing the Internet with them (parental controls).
- their Internet access is treated with high priority or low priority if the Internet connection is overloaded (prioritization).
Requirements / Restrictions
- You can only regulate applications that exclusively use the TCP and UDP protocols.
- Determine which ports and IP protocols the application uses. Refer to the manufacturer for this information, for example consult the manual.
Note:You can find a non-binding overview of the ports used by many applications at www.portforward.com.
2 Adding a network application
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Filters" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Lists" tab.
- Click the "Add Network Application" button in the "Network Applications" section.
Note:Several applications are preconfigured in the FRITZ!Box. Click the corresponding button (Edit) if you wish to customize them.
- Enter a name of your choice for the application in the "Network application" field.
- Click the "New Protocol" button.
- Select the protocol used by the application to send data to the Internet.
- Only if you selected the TCP or UDP protocol:
- Enter the source port(s) and destination port(s) used to establish the connection.
- Click "OK".
- If the application uses different protocols and/or ports, repeat steps 6 - 8 for these as well.
Nine different rules are required to configure the game FIFA 2016 as a network application in the FRITZ!Box:
- Click "OK" to save the settings.