FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Updating FRITZ!OS manually
With the "Online Update" function you can install the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box quickly and easily. However, in some cases you cannot perform an "Online update", for instance when the FRITZ!Box is not connected to the Internet. In this case you can manually update it.
Important:Some of the settings described here are only displayed if the advanced view is enabled in the user interface.
1 Downloading the FRITZ!OS file
Use a computer with Internet access to download the update:
Note:If you cannot use your own FRITZ!Box to connect to the Internet, then you can download the current FRITZ!OS at your neighbor's or in an Internet café, for example, and then copy it to a computer that is connected to your FRITZ!Box.
- Call up ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box in your web browser.
- Switch to the folder for your FRITZ!Box model, then to the subfolder "firmware", and then to the folder named "deutsch" or "english".
Note:The complete model name of your FRITZ!Box is displayed in the FRITZ!Box user interface on the "Overview" page and on the underside of the device.
- Download the latest FRITZ!OS version for your FRITZ!Box with the file extension ".image" to the computer.
2 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Update" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "FRITZ!OS file" tab.
- Click "Save Settings".
Note:Save your FRITZ!Box settings again under "System > Backup" right after successfully completing the installation. Then you can always restore it to a working configuration.
- Click the "Browse..." button.
- Select the FRITZ!OS file that you downloaded (image file) and click the "Open" button.
- Click the "Start Update" button.
The "Info" LED flashes while the update is being transmitted to the repeater.
The latest FRITZ!OS is now installed and a variety of new functions are available to you.
Note:You can have future updates installed automatically if you select one of the options on the "Automatic update" or "Auto Update" tab under "Update" in the "System" menu of the user interface.