Updating FRITZ!OS manually
The Online Update function allows you to install the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box quickly and easily. However, in some cases you cannot use the online update function, for example when the FRITZ!Box is not connected to the internet. In this case you can update it manually.
1 Downloading the FRITZ!OS file
Download the FRITZ!OS file first. If you cannot connect to the internet via your own FRITZ!Box, you can download the file at your neighbor's or at an internet café, for example:
- Call up ftp.avm.de/fritzbox/ in your web browser.
- Switch to the folder for your FRITZ!Box model, then to the subfolder "deutschland" or "other", and then to the folder "fritz.os".
Note:The complete model name of your FRITZ!Box is shown in the FRITZ!Box user interface on the "Overview" page and is also printed on the sticker on the bottom of the device.
- Download the file with the extension ".image" to the computer.
2 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Update" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "FRITZ!OS file" tab. If the tab is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click "Save Settings".
Note:Save your FRITZ!Box settings again under "System > Backup" right after successfully completing the installation. Then you can always restore a working configuration.
- Click the "Browse..." or "Choose File" button.
- Select the FRITZ!OS file you downloaded (image file).
- Click the "Start Update" button.
AVM Section Navigation