FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE Serwis - Baza wiedzy
FRITZ!Box reports "The dynamic DNS update was successful, but an error occurred [...]"
The dynamic DNS domain name cannot be used to access the FRITZ!Box or devices in the home network. One of the following error messages is displayed in the event log of the FRITZ!Box:
- "Dynamic DNS error: The specified domain name cannot be resolved despite a successful update."
- "Dynamic DNS error: The dynamic DNS update was successful, but an error occurred during the subsequent DNS resolution."
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Entering the entire DynDNS domain name
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Permit Access" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "DynDNS" tab.
- In the "Domain name" field, enter the complete domain name, for example mydomain.dyndns.org. Refer to the dynamic DNS provider for information on the format.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 DNS servers on the internet were not updated yet
Some DNS servers on the internet do not immediately update the assignment of IP addresses to domain names. This means that they continue to reply to requests to dynamic DNS domain names with an old IP address for a while, although the FRITZ!Box already reported the new IP address to your dynamic DNS provider. This behavior of the DNS servers cannot be influenced by the FRITZ!Box or by your dynamic DNS provider.
Normally the issue will resolve itself after a maximum of one hour, when the corresponding DNS servers on the internet are updated.