FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Using a network printer in the FRITZ!Box home network
If your printer is equipped with a network port or wireless LAN, you can simply connect it to a LAN port or the wireless network (WiFi) of your FRITZ!Box. The printer is then available to the entire home network. Since the printer itself accepts all of the print jobs and processes them, you do not have to configure any settings for the printer in the FRITZ!Box.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
Enabling the DHCP server
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box automatically assigns the correct IP settings to all devices via DHCP. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, re-enable it:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button. If the button is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Allowing wireless devices to communicate
The following step is only necessary if you want to connect the printer to the FRITZ!Box over wireless LAN:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "The active wireless devices displayed below may communicate with each other" in the "Additional Security Settings" section.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Setting up the printer
Make sure that the printer obtains its IP settings from the FRITZ!Box:
- Configure the printer to automatically obtain IP settings via DHCP (this is the standard setting for most printers). Refer to the manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
3 Connecting a printer to the FRITZ!Box
- Either use a network cable or wireless LAN to connect the printer to the FRITZ!Box.
The printer is now connected to the FRITZ!Box and can be used as a network printer in the entire home network.
Refer to the printer manufacturer for further information on how to set up the printer, for example consult the manual.