FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Shared files and printers on a computer are not visible in home network
Although your computer can access the Internet or the FRITZ!Box user interface, files and/or printers released for sharing on the computer are not visible to other computers in the home network.
Important:Some of the settings described here are only displayed if the advanced view is enabled in the user interface. The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
Enabling the DHCP server
The FRITZ!Box is configured as a DHCP server in the factory settings. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, configure the following settings:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box uses the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Allowing wireless devices to communicate
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "The active wireless devices displayed below may communicate with each other" in the "Additional Security Settings" section.
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.
2 Restarting the computer
- Restart all of the computers connected to the FRITZ!Box.
3 Connecting the computer without using guest access
The FRITZ!Box's wireless guest access allows computers to use your FRITZ!Box's Internet connection. They cannot access the FRITZ!Box home network, which means that they cannot access shared files and printers on other computers using wireless guest access.
Therefore, establish a wireless connection between the computer and the FRITZ!Box's wireless network:
Now you can access shared files and printers on computers in the FRITZ!Box home network.
Important:If a computer and its shared files and printers is still not visible in the home network (for example Windows homegroup), this is due to a firewall or the configuration of the operating system. You can find information on configuring the operating system or firewall in the corresponding manual, or consult the manufacturer directly. For example, you can find instructions on joining a homegroup in Windows 7 and networking home computers running different versions of Windows on Microsoft's homepage.