FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Using an Android smartphone or tablet in the FRITZ!Box home network
You can easily connect an Android smartphone or tablet to the wireless network (WiFi) of the FRITZ!Box. The Android device can then access the internet and play multimedia content such as photos, videos, and music.
Note:Here we show you how to connect an Android device to the FRITZ!Box using Android 8.1 ("Oreo") as an example.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box automatically assigns the correct IP settings to all devices via DHCP. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, reenable it:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button. If the button is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Connecting an Android device with the FRITZ!Box
Note:You can also use FRITZ!App WLAN to easily connect your Android device to the FRITZ!Box and have the app display useful information about your wireless connection.
- Tap the "Settings" symbol on the home screen of the Android device.
- Tap "Network & Internet" in the "Settings" menu.
- Tap "WiFi".
- If wireless LAN is switched off, tap the "OFF" symbol next to the "Wi-Fi" option to enable wireless LAN.
- Tap the connection with the wireless network name (SSID) of the FRITZ!Box.
Note:If you do not know the name of the wireless network (SSID) and the network key for your FRITZ!Box, determine your FRITZ!Box's wireless settings.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box's network key in the "Password" field and tap "Connect".
Now the Android device is connected to the internet via the FRITZ!Box. It can play multimedia content from media servers in the home network with suitable apps, for example.
3 Using an Android device with the FRITZ!Box
Accessing the FRITZ!Box over the internet
The following step is only necessary if you want to securely access your FRITZ!Box or a USB storage device connected to the FRITZ!Box, or control your smart home devices over the internet when you are away from home:
The following step is only necessary if you want to securely access your FRITZ!Box over the internet when you are away from home:
- Set up MyFRITZ!App.
Using an Android device as a webcam
The following step is only necessary if you use your Android device as a webcam and want to monitor what is happening in front of your device's camera over the internet when you are away from home:
- Set up FRITZ!App Cam.
Setting up a VPN connection to the FRITZ!Box
The following step is only necessary if you want to use VPN (Virtual Private Network) to establish a securely encrypted network connection to your FRITZ!Box and to the network devices or services in the home network using your Android device's internet connection:
Note:Whenever a VPN connection is active, all web requests are routed over the FRITZ!Box. This enables you to access all internet services, such as email and online banking, with your Android device even in public wireless hotspots, while protecting you against data interception and manipulation.
- Set up a VPN connection to the FRITZ!Box.