Setting up dynamic DNS in the FRITZ!Box
Dynamic DNS allows you to access your FRITZ!Box as well as applications and services in the home network for which you configured port sharing in the FRITZ!Box at a fixed domain name from the internet. This way you can easily access a NAS system or use Microsoft Remote Desktop for remote maintenance of a computer, for example, even if the FRITZ!Box's public IP address changes at regular intervals.
Note:You can also use the free AVM service MyFRITZ! for safe, convenient access to your FRITZ!Box and home network over the internet at any time.
Requirements / Restrictions
- To use IPv4 internet access, the FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address from the internet service provider.
- To use IPv6 internet access, the FRITZ!Box must obtain an IPv6 address from the internet service provider.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Setting up dynamic DNS
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Permit Access" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "DynDNS" tab.
- Enable the option "Use DynDNS".
- Check whether your dynamic DNS provider is displayed in the drop-down list.
- If your dynamic DNS provider is displayed in the drop-down list, select your provider and enter the account information you received from your provider in the corresponding fields.
- If your dynamic DNS provider is not displayed in the drop-down list:
- Select the entry "user-defined".
- Enter your account information and the update URL. You can find detailed information on the format of the update URL in the FRITZ!Box's online help, which you can access by clicking the symbol (Help).
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now the FRITZ!Box will transmit its current IP address to the dynamic DNS provider each time it connects to the internet so that the FRITZ!Box can always be contacted via its distinct dynamic DNS domain name.
AVM Section Navigation