FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE Service - Baza wiedzy
Cannot access shared files or printers over active VPN connection
Although in principle, IP communication with network devices in the remote FRITZ!Box network over a VPN connection is possible (for example via ping), you cannot access shared files or printers on computers in the remote FRITZ!Box network.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Using an IP address to access shared files and printers
You can only access shared files and printers on computers over a VPN connection if you address the computers in the remote FRITZ!Box network using their IP addresses:
2 Correcting the Windows network settings
The following steps are only necessary for computers with Windows:
- Enable the following network services and clients in the network adapter settings in the "Network and Sharing Center":
Note:You can find information on enabling network services and clients in the Windows Help or contact Microsoft.
- "Client for Microsoft Networks"
- "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks"
3 Configuring the Windows firewall
By default, the Windows firewall does not permit you to access shared files and printers over a VPN connection between two FRITZ!Boxes. In order to allow access, configure the following settings on your Windows computer:
- Open the Windows Control Panel:
- Windows 10 / 8
- Press the keyboard shortcut "Windows key" + "X" and select "Control Panel" from the context menu.
- Windows 7
- In Windows, click "Start" and then "Control Panel".
- Windows 10 / 8
- Select "Category" from the drop-down list "View by:" (top right) in the "Control Panel" menu.
- Click "System and Security" and then "Windows Firewall".
- Select "Advanced Settings".
- The window "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" opens.
- In the window "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security", click on "Inbound Rules".
- Double-click the entry "File and Printer Sharing (SMB-In)" for the profile "Private".
- Click on the "Scope" tab.
- Click the "Add..." button in the "Remote IP address" section.
- Enter the IP network (subnet) of the remote FRITZ!Box (for example 192.168.10.0) in the "This IP address or subnet" field.
- Click "OK" and then "OK" again to save your settings.
4 Configuring the firewall
- Configure any firewalls installed on the computer according to the manufacturer's instructions so that they allow communication using the SMB (Server Message Block) protocol.