FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE Service - Baza wiedzy
Connecting outdoor LTE antenna to FRITZ!Box
If you are using the FRITZ!Box in an area located on the edge of LTE radio coverage or in a building with strong sources of interference, the two LTE antennas included in the package may not be sufficient for successful radio traffic. In this case, you can increase the transmission and reception power of the FRITZ!Box by using an outdoor LTE antenna (for example on your balcony or mounted on your roof) available from an electronics retailer.
1 Using a suitable outdoor LTE antenna
When selecting a suitable outdoor LTE antenna and antenna cable, it must meet the following criteria:
- The outdoor LTE antenna is suitable for the LTE frequency band being used.
- The German Federal Network Agency limited the maximum transmitter power for LTE to 23 dBm EIRP +-2 dB tolerance. The transmitter power of the FRITZ!Box's antenna sockets lies within this range. This is the maximum permissible immission level for LTE end devices that are used outside the house. When buying an antenna, you must therefore make sure that it does not exceed the maximum permissible transmitter power. Refer to the manufacturer or an electronics retailer for information on the transmitter power when using outdoor LTE antennas.
- The outdoor LTE antenna has an SMA plug (Sub-Miniature-A).
- The plug(s) on the antenna cable are the same height of the socket(s) on your FRITZ!Box to ensure optimal contact.
2 Connecting an outdoor LTE antenna
- If your outdoor antenna has only one connector, connect the antenna to the transmitting antenna socket on the FRITZ!Box. If you look at the socket panel of the FRITZ!Box, the antenna socket on the left is the one for transmission (see fig.).
Fig.: Connecting an outdoor LTE antenna with one connector
- If your outdoor antenna has two connectors (MIMO - Multiple Input Multiple Output), connect the antenna to both of the antenna connectors on the FRITZ!Box.
3 Adjusting the LTE antennas
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "LTE Information" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Reception" tab.
- Click the "Start Alignment Aid" button.