FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE Service - Baza wiedzy
Using an internet radio receiver in the FRITZ!Box home network
You can easily connect your internet radio receiver (for example a wireless radio, sound system equipped with a network port) to the FRITZ!Box's wireless network (WiFi). If the internet radio has a network port, you can also connect it to a LAN port on your FRITZ!Box. The internet radio can then access the internet and play music from media servers in the home network.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box automatically assigns the correct IP settings to all devices via DHCP. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, reenable it:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button. If the button is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Setting up internet radio
Make sure that the internet radio obtains its IP settings from the FRITZ!Box:
- Configure the internet radio to automatically obtain IP settings via DHCP (this is the standard setting for most internet radios). Refer to the manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
3 Connecting an internet radio to a FRITZ!Box
- Either use a network cable or wireless LAN to connect the internet radio to the FRITZ!Box.