Setting up the FRITZ!Box for internet access via LTE
The FRITZ!Box automatically connects to the internet when you insert your SIM card into the FRITZ!Box and enter the PIN in the FRITZ!Box user interface. All of the computers, smartphones, and other devices connected to the FRITZ!Box can then use the internet connection at the same time and have equal status.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Depending on the mobile network operator, functions that require a public IP address (for example receiving incoming VPN connections) are either not available, only available with at home packages, or only available to a limited extent.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Inserting the SIM card into the FRITZ!Box
- Pull the card holder completely out of the SIM card slot (see fig.).
- Place the SIM card (mini-SIM, 25 x 15 x 0.76 mm) supplied by your LTE provider with the slanted edge in the bottom right corner with the contacts facing downwards. Do not use micro or nano SIM cards that have already been punched out.
- Insert the card tray with the SIM card back into the SIM card slot.
Fig.: Inserting the SIM card
2 Screwing the LTE antennas onto the FRITZ!Box
- Screw the two LTE antennas included in the package onto the sockets labeled "LTE" on the FRITZ!Box.
Fig.: Screwing on the LTE antennas
Important:If you are using the FRITZ!Box in an area located on the edge of LTE radio coverage, the two LTE antennas included in the package may not be sufficient for a stable radio connection. In this case, use a outdoor LTE antenna.
3 Configuring the internet connection in the FRITZ!Box
- Open the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- If the FRITZ!Box is set to factory settings, set a password for the FRITZ!Box user interface, and click "OK" and then "Next".
Fig.: Assigning a password for the user interface
- If the wizard for internet access does not start automatically, click "Wizards" and then "Configure Internet Connection".
Fig.: Calling up the FRITZ!Box wizard
- Enter the PIN (Personal Identification Number) for your SIM card.
Important:The PIN contains only numbers and not letters or special characters. If you enter the wrong PIN three times, you must enter the SuperPIN/PUK. Information on the PIN and SuperPIN/PUK can be obtained from your LTE provider.
- Select your internet service provider from the drop-down list. If your internet service provider is not displayed, select "other internet service provider".
- Click "Next" and follow the wizard's instructions.
4 Setting up telephony in the FRITZ!Box
If you received login data for internet telephony from a provider and want to use telephones with the FRITZ!Box:
You cannot configure mobile telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box.
- Configure the internet telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box.
AVM Section Navigation