FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE Service - Baza wiedzy
Wireless connection is not established after entering "device ownership password"
A wireless device cannot establish a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box with the "Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility" software. Intel's wireless software tries to establish the wireless connection according to the WPS method (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) using a special PIN and asks for an eight-digit "device ownership password". The software does not accept the FRITZ!Box's network key as the "device ownership password".
The following error message may be displayed:
- "Checksum validation failed for the PIN entered"
- The FRITZ!Box does not have a "device ownership password". Although the FRITZ!Box supports the WPS-PIN method, it is not enabled in the FRITZ!Box by default. Instead, the WPS-PBC method is enabled in the FRITZ!Box; it allows you to set up the wireless connection safely and automatically at the touch of a button.
1 Enabling the Windows wireless service
In order to establish a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box, configure the computer so that it uses the Windows wireless service:
- In Windows, click "Start" and then "All programs".
- Click "Intel PROSet Wireless" and "WiFi Connection Utility".
- Click "Advanced" and enable the option "Use Windows to Manage WiFi".
- Confirm the question "Do you want Windows to manage your WiFi network connections?" with "Yes" and click "Close".
Windows now manages the wireless network adapters and you can set up a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box.