FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Error message "Unidentified Network" in the Windows Network and Sharing Center
A Windows computer connected to the FRITZ!Box cannot access the internet. The computer's "Network and Sharing Center" displays the message "Unidentified Network".
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Enabling the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box automatically assigns the correct IP settings to all devices via DHCP. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, reenable it:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button. If the button is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Configuring a computer to automatically obtain IP settings
To ensure that the computer always uses the correct IP settings, make sure that it automatically obtains its IP settings from the FRITZ!Box (this is the standard setting for most operating systems):
- Configure the computer to automatically obtain IP settings via DHCP.
3 Configuring the computer's firewall
A firewall can interfere with the communication between the computer and the FRITZ!Box:
- Configure the firewall on the computer so that it allows connections from the computer to the FRITZ!Box. Refer to the manufacturer of the firewall for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.