Constant restarts: Several LEDs flash
The FRITZ!Box constantly restarts. All or several of its LEDs flash continuously. The FRITZ!Box user interface cannot be opened and either all or individual FRITZ!Box functions do not work properly.
Important:If the FRITZ!Box restarts occasionally, proceed as described in this guide.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Restarting the FRITZ!Box
- Unplug the FRITZ!Box for 5 seconds.
Note:The FRITZ!Box settings are retained. The restart takes about 2 minutes. During this time, you cannot access the FRITZ!Box.
2 Using the correct power adapter
One of the most common causes of this error is the use of an unsuitable power adapter for the FRITZ!Box:
- Use a suitable power adapter to plug in your FRITZ!Box.
3 Testing whether a USB device is interfering
The problem may be caused by a USB device connected to the FRITZ!Box:
- Remove all USB devices from the FRITZ!Box. If the problem no longer occurs, either a USB device or its cable is faulty, or a device consumes too much power.
- Reconnect the USB devices to the FRITZ!Box one by one to find out which device causes the problem.
- For testing purposes, use a USB hub with its own power supply (active USB hub) to connect the device causing interference to the FRITZ!Box.
- If the problem also occurs when using it with an active hub, replace the USB device.
4 Resetting the FRITZ!Box
If the problem still occurs, the FRITZ!Box is in an error state:
- Use the recovery tool to reset the FRITZ!Box.
AVM Section Navigation