FRITZ!Box 7490 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Cannot play online games with Xbox One
You cannot use your Xbox One to play online games (for example multiplayer games). However, you do not experience any problems with other game console functions (such as the Internet browser) that use the FRITZ!Box's Internet connection. When the error occurs, the Xbox One displays the error message "Can't get a Teredo IP address".
- Instead of using the Internet connection established by the FRITZ!Box using the Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), the Xbox One attempts to establish its own IPv6 connection using the Teredo protocol. This behavior of the Xbox contradicts the Teredo standard (RFC 4380 Section 5.5).
Since Teredo is not required when an IPv6 Internet connection is active and there is a risk that using Teredo could allow the security functions of the FRITZ!Box to be circumvented, in this case the FRITZ!Box blocks UDP port 3544 for security reasons. Thus, the FRITZ!Box complies with standardized recommendations for home network devices (RFC 6169 Section 3.1.3).
Note:Teredo (RFC 4380) is an IPv6 tunneling mechanism devised to facilitate the transition from IPv4 to its successor IPv6. Teredo encapsulates IPv6 data packets from Windows devices within IPv4 data packets and transmits these to a Teredo server from Microsoft. This server then forwards the IPv6 data packets to their actual destination.
1 Disabling the Teredo filter in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Filters" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Lists" tab.
- Disable the option "Teredo filter enabled".
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.