FRITZ!Box 7490 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Configuring call forwarding through the exchange
With call forwarding through the exchange, you can automatically divert incoming calls to a different line, for example to your mobile telephone. Calls are forwarded by the telephone exchange of your telephony provider and not in the FRITZ!Box.
You can either use the FRITZ!Box user interface to configure call forwarding, or you can use the menu of an ISDN telephone.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The telephony provider supports configuration of call forwarding.
Note:With some telephony providers, you can also configure call forwarding in your personal customer area in the Internet.
- Call forwarding can be configured for an ISDN or an Internet number. Call forwarding cannot be configured for analog landline numbers.
- No dialing rule or call blocks have been configured in the FRITZ!Box for the destination number.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Using the FRITZ!Box user interface to configure call forwarding
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Call Handling" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Call Diversion" tab.
- Click the "New Call Diversion" button.
- Enable the option "Calls to a telephone number / telephone" under "Which calls should be diverted?".
- Select the desired telephone number.
- Enable the option "Destination telephone number" in the "Divert calls to" section.
- Enter the number that incoming calls should be forwarded to.
- Select "automatically" from the drop-down list "Outgoing caller ID".
- Select "immediately", "delayed" or "when busy" as the "Type of call diversion".
Important:You cannot use "long delay" or "parallel call" when setting up call forwarding over the FRITZ!Box.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Using the menu of an ISDN telephone to configure call forwarding
If an ISDN telephone is connected to the FRITZ!Box, you can also use the menu of the telephone to configure call forwarding. Refer to the device's manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.