FRITZ!Box 7490 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Forgot password for the FRITZ!Box user interface
You can protect the user interface of your FRITZ!Box against unauthorized access with your own password. If you forgot the password, reset the password or load the FRITZ!Box's factory settings. Then you can log in again and set a new password.
1 Resetting the password
If you set up the "forgot password" push service, you can have the FRITZ!Box send you an email with an access link that can be used to reset the password:
- Open the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click the "Forgot your password?" link.
- Click the "Send Push Service Mail" button. If the button is not displayed, proceed with the following section. The "forgot password" push service is not configured.
- Call up the email with the same device you used to request the push service mail and follow the instructions in the email.
- If you do not receive an email from the FRITZ!Box, continue with the next section. Either the the email account information entered for the push service is not correct, or the FRITZ!Box is not connected to the internet.
2 Loading the factory settings
If you previously saved the FRITZ!Box settings, you can now restore them. Make sure that you do not restore the FRITZ!Box password. If you did not save the settings, then you must reconfigure the FRITZ!Box. Also configure the "forgot password" push service so that you can simply have your password sent to you via email in the future.