FRITZ!Box 7490 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Setting up dynamic DNS in the FRITZ!Box
Dynamic DNS allows you to access your FRITZ!Box as well as applications and services in the home network for which you configured port sharing in the FRITZ!Box at a fixed domain name from the internet. This way you can easily access a NAS system or use Microsoft Remote Desktop for remote maintenance of a computer, for example, even if the FRITZ!Box's public IP address changes on a regular basis.
Note:You can also use the free AVM service MyFRITZ! for safe, convenient access to your FRITZ!Box and home network over the internet at any time.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Dynamic DNS is not available if the FRITZ!Box uses the internet connection of another router (Mesh Repeater / IP client). In this case, configure dynamic DNS in the other router.
- The FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address or an IPv6 address from the internet service provider.
Important:When used on an internet connection with DS-Lite tunnel, the FRITZ!Box is only accessible over IPv6 and not over IPv4. If a DS-Lite tunnel is enabled, this is displayed under "Connections" on the "Overview" page of the user interface.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Setting up dynamic DNS
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Permit Access" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "DynDNS" tab.
- Click the (Help) symbol on the top right.
- Configure the dynamic DNS domain name as described in the FRITZ!Box help.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now the FRITZ!Box will transmit its current IP address to the dynamic DNS provider each time it connects to the internet so that the FRITZ!Box can always be contacted via its distinct dynamic DNS domain name.