FRITZ!Box 7590 Serwis - Baza wiedzy
Integrating FRITZ!Repeater into the Mesh via wireless LAN
Integrate your FRITZ!Repeater into your FRITZ!Box's Mesh via wireless LAN to easily and efficiently increase the wireless range (WiFi) of your home network. As a Mesh Repeater, the FRITZ!Repeater automatically adopts all of the wireless settings from the FRITZ!Box (Mesh Master), such as wireless access information and guest access, and can be used directly by all wireless devices in the home network.
As soon as the FRITZ!Repeater is integrated in the Mesh, it is marked in the user interface of the Mesh Master with the Mesh symbol :
Fig.: Mesh overview with FRITZ!Repeater in wireless bridge mode
Requirements / Restrictions
- FRITZ!OS 7 or later is installed on the FRITZ!Repeater.
Important:You can find instructions on setting up older FRITZ!Repeater models that do not support Mesh at en.avm.de/service under "FRITZ!WLAN > More models > [FRITZ!Repeater model] > Knowledge Base" if you search for "connect repeater".
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Repeater must be set to factory settings:
- Load the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings.
2 Integrating the FRITZ!Repeater into the Mesh at the touch of a button
To integrate the FRITZ!Repeater into the Mesh, simply connect it with the Mesh Master at the touch of a button:
- For setup, place the FRITZ!Repeater near the Mesh Master.
- Wait about 1 minute until the "Power" LED and "WLAN" LED on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit or the "Connect" LED on the FRITZ!Repeater flashes more slowly.
- Briefly push the "WPS" or "Connect" button on the FRITZ!Repeater (for about 1 second) and let go of it again. The "WLAN" LED starts to flash or the "Connect" LED starts to flash quickly after you release the button.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold down the "Connect/WPS" button on the Mesh Master for about 1 second until the "WLAN" LED flashes.
- The FRITZ!Repeater is fully integrated into the Mesh about 5 seconds after one or more signal strength LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit or the LED for connection quality glows green.
3 Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!Repeater
To optimally increase the range, the FRITZ!Repeater requires a fast and stable wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box:
- Depending on the FRITZ!Repeater model, place the FRITZ!Repeater so that at least three of its five signal strength LEDs light up or the LED for connection quality glows green and not orange.
Note:You can use FRITZ!App WLAN to find the ideal place for the FRITZ!Repeater.